It’s fairly superb to know that completely different regional Indian cuisines have heirloom and basic recipes which might be naturally vegan and gluten free. I imply, you actually don’t must take that additional mile to make these so. One such preparation is the Aloo Chokha. A simple-peasy spiced potato mash from the very rustic Bihari delicacies. I’m certain the second you do that Aloo Chokha recipe, you’ll immediately add it to your checklist of favorites.
This Aloo Chokha would possibly seem like an aloo bharta at first look, however it positively shouldn’t be your common bharta. The potatoes on this recipe aren’t charred. However are boiled or steamed.
One of many ingredient that’s the spotlight of this recipe is mustard oil, which supplies the aloo ka chokha a barely pungent taste. So, I’d recommend not skipping it, if you wish to hold the essence intact.
The recipe is once more very simple to arrange. It may be shortly made by somebody who’s new to the kitchen or perhaps a bachelor. Boil or steam the potatoes, peel, mash, combine with the opposite substances and it is able to serve.
You possibly can serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or may even serve it as a facet dish with any North Indian meal. You possibly can simply scale this recipe as per your wants.
How one can make Aloo Chokha
1. First wash 2 medium-sized potatoes (160 grams) in recent water. Then boil or steam the potatoes in a stovetop stress cooker, steamer or electrical cooker or in a pan including water as required.
Enable them to turn out to be heat.
2. When the potatoes turn out to be heat, peel and mash them in a bowl.
3. Then add the next substances to the mashed potatoes:
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped inexperienced chilies
- 2 to three teaspoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
4. Now add ½ teaspoon mustard oil and ½ teaspoon lemon juice.
5. Combine very nicely. Examine the style and add extra salt, lemon juice or inexperienced chilies if required.
6. Serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or as a facet dish with any North Indian meal. For a change, you may also use aloo ka chokha as a stuffing for sandwiches and grill or toast them.
Extra tasty Potato recipes from the regional Indian delicacies:
Please you should definitely fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Aloo ka chokha is spiced mashed potatoes dish from the Bihari cusine.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 20 minutes
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
First boil or steam 2 medium potatoes (160 grams) until they’re completely cooked. Enable them to turn out to be heat. You possibly can steam them in a pan or electrical rice cooker or stress cook dinner them in 1.25 to 1.5 cups water for five to six whistles.
When the potatoes turn out to be heat, peel and mash them.
Add 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon chopped inexperienced chilies, 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon mustard oil and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
Combine very nicely. Examine the style and add extra salt, lemon juice or inexperienced chilies if required.
Serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or as a facet dish with any north indian meal.
- This recipe will be simply doubled or tripled.
- For an genuine style use mustard oil and don’t skip including it.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 68 Energy from Fats 9
% Every day Worth*
Vitamin C 11.5mg14%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Aloo Chokha put up from archives first revealed in September 2016 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.