Bendakaya fry recipe with step-by-step pictures. This can be a tempered and sauteed dry dish made with okra, onions and spices. Easy and comforting recipe of okra made in Andhra model. It makes for a wholesome and satisfying meal when paired with chapati, raita or a easy meal of sambar and rice.
Bendakaya fry or Bendakaya vepudu interprets to okra fry. Don’t get misled by the phrase fry. Right here the phrase ‘fry’ doesn’t imply deep frying. However sauteing the okra till it’s completely cooked. Moreover okra the opposite elements are additionally sauteed.
There are completely different variations of creating this Andhra model okra fry. What I’m sharing is the best model. I’ve already shared few extra variations of bhindi fry like:
A lot of the stir fry recipes made with veggies are simple and fast to make. So is that this recipe which isn’t spicy and tastes good. On this dish, some roasted sesame powder or roasted peanuts may be added. Even recent grated coconut may be additionally added.
This bendakaya vepudu may be served scorching or heat as a facet dish with sambar, rasam or dal. It’s also possible to have it with chapati or paratha. With some gentle chapatis, this Andhra recipe of bendakaya fry additionally makes for an excellent tiffin field brunch or lunch.
Easy methods to make Bendakaya Fry
1. Rinse and wipe dry 250 grams bendakaya (okra or bhindi) with a clear kitchen towel. Then slice the bendakaya into rounds of 0.5 to 0.75 inches. Maintain apart.
Earlier than chopping make it possible for there is no such thing as a water or moisture on the okra pods. They need to be completely dried. Additionally the okra needs to be inexperienced and tender.
250 grams bendakaya offers about 2 heaped cups of chopped bendakaya.
2. in a shallow frying pan, warmth 2 tablespoons of oil. Decrease the warmth and add the next elements:
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon urad dal (cut up and husked black gram)
3. Saute until the mustard seeds crackle and the urad dal turns golden.
4. Subsequent add 2 dry pink chilies (damaged and deseeded). Saute for a second or two until the pink chilies change coloration. As an alternative of pink chilies you can even add slit or chopped 1 to 2 inexperienced chilies.
5. Then add ½ cup chopped onion.
6. Stir and blend properly.
7. Saute the onions until they flip translucent stirring typically on low warmth.
8. Then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon pink chilli powder and a pinch of asafoetida (hing). For a extra spicy style, you may add 1 teaspoon pink chili powder.
9. Stir and blend the spice powders with the remainder of the elements.
Making bendakaya fry
10. Add the chopped bendakaya and eight to 10 curry leaves.
11. Stir and blend all the pieces.
12. Add salt as per style.
13. Stir and blend properly once more and saute on a low warmth with out masking the pan with a lid.
14. Carry on stirring at intervals of three to 4 minutes for uniform and even cooking.
15. Swap off the warmth when the bendakaya is finished and cooked properly. This takes about 12 to 14 minutes on a low warmth.
16. Garnish with coriander leaves after which Serve bendakaya vepudu scorching as a facet dish with curd-rice, sambar-rice or rasam-rice. It’s also possible to serve it with chapati or plain paratha.
It may also be packed for a lunch field with a facet of soppy roti or paratha.
Extra Tasty Bhindi recipes
Please remember to price the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under when you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
This Andhra model bendakaya fry is a tempered and sauteed dry dish made with okra, onions and spices.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 25 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse and wipe dry okra (bendakaya) with a clear kitchen towel.
Then slice the okra in rounds of 0.5 to 0.75 inches. Earlier than chopping the okra make it possible for it’s completedly dried and there’s no moisture on them. After chopping the okra preserve them apart.
Making masala for bendakaya fry
In a shallow frying pan, warmth oil. Decrease the warmth and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal (cut up and husked black gram).
Saute until the mustard seeds crackle and the urad dal turns golden. Be sure to do not burn them.
Subsequent add 2 dry pink chilies (damaged and deseeded). Saute for a second or two until the pink chilies change coloration.
Then add chopped onion. Stir and saute the onions until they flip translucent. stirring typically on low warmth.
Subsequent add turmeric powder, pink chilli powder and a pinch of asafoetida (hing).
Combine the spice powders with the remainder of the elements.
Making bendakaya fry
Then add the chopped okra and eight to 10 curry leaves. Stir and blend all the pieces.
Add salt in accordance with style. Stir properly once more and saute on a low warmth with out masking the pan with a lid.
Carry on stirring at intervals of three to 4 minutes for uniform cooking.
Swap off the warmth when the okra is finished and cooked properly. This takes about 12 to 14 minutes on a low warmth.
Garnish with coriander leaves after which serve bendakaya fry as a facet dish with curd-rice, sambar-rice or rasam-rice. It’s also possible to serve it with chapatis.
- This recipe may be scaled as much as make for extra servings.
- Use recent and tender okra pods. Keep away from fibrous, dense and chewy okra.
- You should use any neutral-flavored oil to make this recipe.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 213 Energy from Fats 126
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Vitamin A 1625IU33%
Vitamin C 176.4mg214%
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.
This Bendakaya Fry Put up from the weblog archives, first revealed in December 2015 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.