Brinjal chutney recipe with step-by-step pics. It is a easy and simple chutney selection made with aubergines or brinjals (baingan or vankaya), onions and spices. With minimal elements, it’s also an excellent fast chutney to make, is gluten free in addition to vegan pleasant too. You may’t actually miss making an attempt this one!
Brinjal is also referred to as baingan or kathirikai or vangi or vankaya in different regional Indian languages. Right here’s a very simple chutney recipe that I make with baingan. It’s best to make use of the big number of darkish purple coloured brinjal to make this recipe.
The preparation of baingan chutney is much like Baingan Bharta, however fewer spices and herbs are used on this chutney.
The primary flavoring spice on this rustic dish is ajwain or carom seeds. The flavors of carom seeds accompany the smokiness of the fireplace roasted aubergine very nicely.
The spice stage can be minimal on this chutney. If you want, you may enhance the amount of crimson chili powder or use the recent number of crimson chili powder to make this chutney extra spicy.
This smoky mushy dish serves very nicely as a aspect dish with chapatis and likewise with dal-rice. You may as well have this vankaya chutney as a dip with pakoras or fritters or tikki.
Methods to make Brinjal Chutney
1. Rinse the brinjal (baingan) first in recent water. Then place it on the range high.
2. Roast the brinjal on fireplace until the peel chars utterly and the flesh inside turn into mushy and mushy. Slid a knife within the middle and it ought to pierce simply with none resistance.
3. Immerse the fireplace roasted brinjal in a pan or bowl of water. Let it cool.
Making brinjal chutney
4. Then peel off the pores and skin and finely chop the roasted brinjal. Hold apart.
5. Warmth oil in a frying pan. First add the ajwain (carom seeds) and fry for some seconds until the oil turn into fragrant.
Then add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and saute until the onions turn into translucent. I used sunflower oil, however the recipe can be made with olive oil.
6. Add the Kashmiri crimson chili powder and stir. I added ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri crimson chili powder which doesn’t make this chutney spicy.
For a extra spicy style, you may simply add up to ½ teaspoon of Kashmiri crimson chili powder or additionally extra as per your style. You may as well use inexperienced chilies as an alternative of crimson chili powder.
7. Add the mashed brinjal and salt as required. Stir very nicely.
8. Saute for five to six minutes on a low warmth.
9. Serve brinjal chutney plain or garnished with coriander leaves or parsley leaves. You may as well add ½ teaspoon oil simply earlier than serving.
This chutney will go nicely with snacks like aloo pakora, falafel, onion pakora and many others.
If you’re on the lookout for extra Chutney recipes then do examine:
Please make sure you charge the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark under you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Brinjal chutney is a straightforward, fast and simple chutney made with aubergine, onions and some spices.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 25 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse the baingan (brinjal) first. Then place it on the range high.
Roast the brinjal on fireplace until the peel chars utterly and the flesh inside turn into mushy and mushy. Prick with a knife and it ought to pierce simply with none resistance.
Immerse the fireplace roasted brinjal in a pan or bowl of water. Let it cool.
Then peel off the pores and skin and finely chop the roasted brinjal. Hold apart.
making brinjal chutney
Warmth oil. First add the ajwain seeds and fry for some seconds until the oil turn into fragrant.
Then add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and saute until the onions turn into translucent.
Add the kashmiri crimson chili powder and stir.
Add the chopped brinjal and salt as required.
Saute for five to six minutes on a low flame.
Swap off the flame after which whereas serving brinjal chutney garnish with some chopped coriander leaves or recent parsley.
- Use a big number of darkish purple coloration brinjal.
- The crimson chili powder could be added much less or extra in response to your style preferences. As a substitute of crimson chili powder it’s also possible to use inexperienced chilies.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 126 Energy from Fats 63
% Every day Worth*
Vitamin A 125IU3%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Brinjal Chutney put up from the archives first revealed on June 2015 has been republished and up to date on January 2023.