Carrot raita recipe with step-by-step images. That is yet one more easy, simple and engaging raita selection made with grated carrots, inexperienced chillies and some spice powders. It makes for a superb facet dish and may also be served with pulao, biryani or any rice primarily based dish.
Sharing a household recipe of gajar ka raita made in our Punjabi family. Easy and straightforward to arrange raita with an fascinating tempering of asafoetida or hing added on the finish.
This tempering with ghee perks up the flavour of carrot raita. Nevertheless, its elective and you’ll skip it too. Since carrots are the hero ingredient within the dish. I recommend to make use of juicy, contemporary and tender carrots. Keep away from utilizing fibrous or exhausting carrots.
It’s good to have raitas, curd and fruit juices throughout summers as they’re cooling in addition to nutritious. In case you have any leftover carrots then it’s a great way to make use of that carrot to make this raita.
Carrots are a very good supply of Vitamin A and thus excellent for eyesight. You can also make a wide range of recipes with them like gajar ka halwa, Carrot ginger soup, Carrot chutney and many others.
Like all raita varieties, this gajar raita additionally goes effectively with roti-sabzi or dal-rice mixture. You can even serve it with pulao or biryani or any Indian meal as a facet dish. The recipe may be simply scaled to make an even bigger or smaller batch.
With out a lot ado, let’s proceed to the recipe.
How one can make Carrot Raita
1. Rinse 2 small to medium carrots in contemporary water. Then peel and grate them in a plate or bowl.
Finest to make use of the carrots which can be tender, juicy and contemporary. I keep away from utilizing carrots which can be fibrous or have change into exhausting. Juicy carrots are a lot simpler to grate and style good as effectively.
2. In one other bowl, take 1 cup of contemporary chilled curd (yogurt) and whisk it until clean. Keep away from utilizing bitter tasting curd.
3. Add the grated carrots (reserving a couple of for garnishing) and chopped inexperienced chilies. Inexperienced chilies are elective and you’ll skip them. You can even add ¼ to ½ teaspoon crimson chili powder as a substitute of inexperienced chilies.
If making for small youngsters then I recommend to skip the inexperienced chillies.
4. Stir and blend all the things effectively.
5. Then add ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder, a pinch of garam masala powder and black salt as required. Add rock salt or common salt if you happen to shouldn’t have black salt.
Stir and blend once more very effectively. The quantity of spices may be altered as per your style preferences.
Tempering for carrot raita
6. In a fireproof spoon or in a small pan, take ½ teaspoon ghee. We will probably be tempering the raita. This step is elective and you’ll skip it.
7. Warmth ½ teaspoon ghee in a fireplace proof spoon or a small pan.
8. Then add a pinch of asafoetida (hing). Fry the asafoetida for a couple of seconds. For making the raita gluten free skip including it or use gluten free asafoetida.
9. Then pour the tempering within the raita.
10. Combine effectively utilizing a spoon.
11. Garnish with the reserved grated carrots and Serve gajar ka raita instantly or chill it after which serve later with dal fry + rice combo or roti-sabzi combo. You can even garnish the raita with some coriander leaves earlier than serving.
It may also be served with pulao or biryani or any rice primarily based dish as a facet dish.
Extra Raita recipes
Please you’ll want to charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
A easy and straightforward gajar ka raita made with grated carrots, inexperienced chillies and spice powders.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 15 minutes
for tempering the raita (elective)
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
making carrot raita
In one other bowl, take 1 cup contemporary chilled curd/yogurt and whisk it until clean.
Add the grated carrots (reserve a couple of for garnish) and chopped inexperienced chilies. Inexperienced chilies are elective and you’ll skip it. You can even add ¼ to ½ tsp crimson chili powder as a substitute of inexperienced chilies.
Combine all the things effectively.
Then add ½ tsp cumin powder, a pinch of garam masala powder & black salt as required. Add rock salt or common salt if you happen to shouldn’t have black salt. Combine once more very effectively.
tempering for carrot raita
In a fireplace proof spoon or in a small pan, take ½ tsp ghee. We will probably be tempering the raita. This step is elective and you’ll skip it.
Warmth the ghee. Then add a pinch of asafoetida. Fry the asafoetida for a couple of seconds.
Then pour the tempering within the raita. Combine effectively.
Serve the raita instantly or chill it after which serve later. You can even garnish with some coriander leaves earlier than serving.
It may be served as a facet dish with dal-rice or roti-sabzi combo or with pulao and biryani.
- The recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Finest to make use of tender and contemporary carrots. They shouldn’t be fibrous.
- To make the raita gluten-free both skip including asafoetida or use gluten-free asafoetida.
- The quantity of spices may be altered as per your choice.
- The tempering is an elective step however I often add it because it brings a very good taste.
- If you’re going to serve it to small youngsters additionally then I recommend decreasing the quantity of inexperienced chillies (or crimson chili powder) accordingly or skip altogether.
- You can even add 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves instead of coriander leaves.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 120 Energy from Fats 54
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 3g19%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 2g
Ldl cholesterol 19mg6%
Vitamin A 10322IU206%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 7mg8%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 9µg9%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 20µg5%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This Carrot Raita Submit from the weblog archives, first printed in Could 2015 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.