* Macron mentioned Europe wanted to handle Putin’s concern that “NATO comes proper as much as its doorways” and the deployment of weapons that might threaten Russia, as Europe prepares it future safety structure.
* Putin shouldn’t be honest about peace talks with Ukraine whereas he’s taking the struggle to a brand new degree of “barbarism” by attempting to show off the lights of civilians, a high US diplomat mentioned.
* Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu held talks along with his Belarusian counterpart, the state-run Belta information company mentioned. Belarus has mentioned it is not going to enter the struggle in Ukraine however President Alexander Lukashenko has prior to now ordered troops to deploy with Russian forces close to the Ukrainian border, citing threats to Belarus from Kyiv and the West.
* Sweden deported a Kurdish man with alleged ties to Turkish militants as Ankara retains up stress on the Nordic nation to fulfill its calls for in return for NATO membership, Turkish state information company Anadolu reported.
Oil Value Cap
* Russia is analysing how to answer a value cap on its oil, the Kremlin mentioned in feedback reported on Saturday, after a deal reached by Western powers that goals to restrict a key supply of funding for its struggle in Ukraine.
* The Group of Seven and Australia agreed a $60 per barrel value cap on Russian seaborne crude oil after European Union members overcame resistance from Poland and hammered out an settlement.
* The $60 value cap on seaborne Russian oil agreed by Group of Seven nations and Australia shouldn’t be severe and can do little to discourage Russia from waging its struggle, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy mentioned.
* Moscow “is not going to settle for this cover,” RIA information company quoted Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov as saying. He added that Russia would conduct a fast evaluation of the settlement, then reply.
* Russia mentioned it will proceed to seek out consumers for its oil, regardless of what it mentioned was a “harmful” try by Western governments to introduce a value cap on its oil exports.
* Officers within the southern Ukrainian area of Kherson introduced they’d assist residents evacuate from components of Russian-occupied territory on the east financial institution of the Dnipro River amid fears of intensified combating.
* Russia is probably going planning to encircle the Donetsk Oblast city of Bakhmut with tactical advances to the north and south, Britain’s defence ministry mentioned.
* A gaggle sliced a Banksy mural off a battle-scarred wall in Ukraine, however the folks have been noticed and the picture of a lady in a fuel masks and dressing robe holding a hearth extinguisher was beneath police safety, the governor of Kyiv area mentioned.