Murabbas are principally preserves made with a wide range of fruits in addition to greens too. One of the standard ones in India is the amle ka murabba, which is made with Indian gooseberry or amla. Nevertheless, on this publish, I’ve shared a fairly not so standard, but scrumptious Gajar Ka Murabba recipe that’s merely a carrot protect. It is a winter delicacy since utilizing crimson carrots to make this dish offers you the most effective outcomes. The recipe is vegan, gluten free and is sort of simple to make. You simply must comply with it religiously, as a way to get the proper texture and consistency.
About Gajar Ka Murabba
Identical to this Gajar Ka Murabba, different murabbas made with totally different fruits, veggies, sugar and totally different flavorings are a standard means of preserving the goodness and high quality of those elements, for an extended time frame. On this means, you possibly can get pleasure from some seasonal fruits too, all yr spherical. For example, this Aam Ka Murabba.
For making Gajar Ka Murabba, basically crimson carrots are cooked in a sugar syrup flavored with a number of spices. The top result’s juicy, syrupy, tender and delicate carrots which style actually incredible. This Carrot Murabba preparation is an heirloom recipe and one we’ve been making for ages.
Not simply in India, murabbas are frequent in lots of different cuisines around the globe – Center East, Central Asia, South Asia and South Caucasus too. Normally, the frequent alternative of fruits or veggies to make this candied candy protect are apricot, plum, mango, apple, ash gourd, Indian gooseberry (amla), and so on. This Gajar Ka Murabba is a typical North Indian favourite in the course of the winter season.
Along with this Gajar Ka Murabba with the winter season particular crimson carrots, different Carrot Recipes which are a favourite at my dwelling throughout this time is that this Gajar Ka Halwa and Gajar Barfi. Actually, not simply in my dwelling, these are a few of the quintessential Indian mithai (candy) selections which are much-loved by every body.
Extra on this recipe
Gajar Ka Murabba is superb for individuals with imaginative and prescient or eye associated issues. Clearly, as a result of carrots are recognized to be actually good for the eyes. This murabba can also be thought-about as an Ayurvedic drugs. Making Carrot Murabba is simple however time-consuming, because the carrots are slow-cooked in a sugar syrup.
I comply with a one-pot technique of cooking the carrots and this does take time. So, you can also make this Gajar Ka Murabba, while you’re doing one thing else additionally in your kitchen. You don’t must be subsequent to the pan or pot on a regular basis. Nevertheless, an occasional test is required.
For this Gajar Ka Murabba recipe, I’ve used 500 grams crimson carrots. You may even double the recipe simply through the use of 1 kilogram of carrots. I’ve used natural uncooked sugar on this murabba recipe. You may also use jaggery or common granulated white sugar.
You may relish the Gajar Ka Murabba as a candy, or also can serve it with ice lotions or as a aspect with different desserts.
How one can make Gajar Ka Murabba
1. Rinse and peel 500 grams carrots. For this murabba, use tender juicy carrots and never laborious or fibrous carrots. Additionally, go for skinny carrots, as they take much less time to cook dinner.
2. With a fork, prick holes on the carrots throughout. Use a big fork in order that the holes are barely deeper, as then the carrots will take in extra sugar syrup.
3. Reduce the carrots in halves. Take every halve and slice it from the middle.
4. Now, slice every bit from the middle, once more in 2 elements.
5. Now, reduce horizontally all of the 4 items. You want barely thick 2.5 to three inch carrot fingers.
If the carrot are skinny, you then don’t want to chop them from the middle. Simply quarter them and you’ll get 4 carrot fingers.
6. Some carrots could also be mild yellow colored from the centre. Take away this yellow colored half.
7. Chop all of the carrots this fashion. You’ll need 3.5 cups carrots.
Make Gajar Ka Murabba
8. Take the carrots in a medium-sized thick bottomed pot or pan. You may also take a heavy kadai.
9. Add 250 grams sugar or 1.25 heaped cups sugar.
10. Add 1.25 cups water.
11. Combine and stir so that every one sugar is dissolved.
12. Place the pan on low to medium-low warmth and start to simmer the combination. Don’t cowl pan with any lid.
13. Whereas the carrots are cooking, hold checking often.
14. The carrots will launch their juices and the combination will look watery. Nevertheless, nonetheless proceed to simmer.
15. After simmering for some minutes, the carrots may even be nearly cooked.
16. As soon as the carrots are nearly cooked or tender, proceed to simmer the combination.
Prepare dinner Carrot Murabba Additional
17. Slowly the sugar syrup will begin thickening and decreasing.
18. Proceed to cook dinner. The combination will look shiny and the color of carrots may even change.
19. When the syrup turns into sticky, at the moment you should listen. Stir usually, in order that the combination doesn’t stick with the underside of the pan. Thus, its advisable to make use of heavy thick bottomed pan or kadai.
20. Take a little bit of syrup and let it cool a bit. Then, test the sugar syrup consistency. You need to get a half-thread consistency. Which means, the thread breaks as quickly because it varieties.
If you wish to protect the murabba for a very long time, then cook dinner until one-thread consistency.
With one-thread consistency, there could also be formation of sugar crystals. So, you possibly can add a number of drops of lemon juice within the syrup to forestall sugar crystallization.
21. Then, take away the pan from warmth and add ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder.
22. Subsequent, add 10 to 12 saffron strands. You may also add 2 teaspoons rose water, as a substitute of saffron.
23. Combine and let Carrot Murabba cool right down to room temperature.
24. Then, spoon the Gajar Murabba in a clear glass jar. Retailer at room temperature in a cool or chilly local weather. Hold it within the fridge if its humid, heat or scorching the place you reside.
The recipe yields 1 medium jar of Carrot Murabba. You may simply double or triple the recipe.
25. Serve Gajar Ka Murabba as a candy or as a aspect condiment along with your meals.
- It’s best to make use of crimson, tender and juicy carrots, and never laborious or fibrous ones, for this murabba recipe. Additionally, decide to make use of skinny carrots as they take much less time to cook dinner.
- Make sure that to prick the carrots throughout with a big fork, in order that the holes are deeper. This fashion the carrots will take in extra sugar syrup.
- Some carrots have a yellow-colored heart half in them. You must discard this half.
- I’d advise you to make use of a heavy, thick-bottomed pan or kadai to cook dinner this murabba. You additionally must hold stirring the murabba, as soon as the syrup turns into sticky. This can save the murabba from sticking on the backside of the pan.
- For this murabba, you must cook dinner the sugar syrup to a half-thread consistency, that’s, the thread ought to break as quickly because it varieties.
- To protect the murabba for a very long time, you possibly can cook dinner the sugar syrup to one-thread consistency. However with this, there are possibilities of sugar crystallization within the syrup. To stop this, you possibly can add a number of drops of lemon juice within the syrup.
- Make sure that to place the murabba in a clear, dry glass jar. You may retailer it at room temperature (in a chilly local weather) or refrigerate in a hotter or hotter atmosphere.
Please you’ll want to fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Gajar ka Murabba | Carrot Murabba
Gajar ka murabba is a carrot protect the place contemporary, juicy, tender carrots are cooked in sugar syrup flavored with a number of spices. The top result’s a juicy, syrupy, tender and delicate carrots which style too good.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 40 minutes
Whole Time 45 minutes
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
- Rinse in water a number of instances after which peel the carrots. Use tender juicy carrots and never laborious or fibrous carrots. Additionally go for skinny carrots as they take much less time to cook dinner.
With a fork prick holes on the carrots throughout. Use a big fork in order that the holes are barely deeper as then the carrots will take in extra sugar syrup.
Reduce the carrots in barely thick sticks or batons of two.5 to three inches size.
Some carrots could also be mild yellow colored from the centre. Take away this yellow colored half.
Making gajar murabba
Take the carrots in a medium sized thick bottomed pot or pan. You may also take a heavy kadai.
Add sugar and water.
Combine and stir so that every one sugar is dissolved.
Place the pan on a low to medium-low warmth and start to simmer this combination.
Don’t cowl pan with any lid. in between do test often when the carrots are cooking.
The carrots will launch their juices and the combination will look watery. Nevertheless nonetheless proceed to simmer.
After simmering for some minutes, the carrots may even be nearly cooked.
As soon as the carrots are nearly cooked or tender, then proceed to simmer the combination.
Slowly the sugar syrup will begin thickening and decreasing. The combination will begin to look shiny and the color of carrots may even change.
- When the syrup turns into sticky at the moment you should listen. Carry on stirring usually in order that the carrot murabba combination doesn’t stick with the underside of the pan. Thus its advisable to make use of heavy thick bottomed pan or kadai.
Proceed to simmer until you get a half thread consistency within the syrup. that means the thread breaks as quickly because it varieties.
- If you wish to protect the murabba for a very long time, then cook dinner until 1 thread consistency. With one thread consistency, there could also be formation of sugar crystals. So you possibly can add a number of drops of lemon juice within the syrup.
Then hold the pan down and add ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder.
Then add the saffron strands. You may decide so as to add 2 teaspoons rose water as a substitute of saffron.
Combine and switch off warmth. Let carrot murabba cool at room temperature.
Then spoon the gajar murabba in a clear glass jar. Retailer at room temperature in the event you stay in a cool or chilly area. However hold within the fridge in the event you stay in a moist, heat or scorching area.
Serve Gajar ka Murabba as a candy or as a aspect condiment along with your meals.
- Use tender and juicy carrots to make the recipe.
- As an alternative of uncooked sugar, be at liberty to make use of white sugar or jaggery.
- Word that the approximate vitamin data is for the complete carrot murabba produced from the this recipe.
Gajar ka Murabba | Carrot Murabba
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 1207 Energy from Fats 9
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.2g1%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 0.1g
Vitamin A 83533IU1671%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.3mg20%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.3mg18%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 5mg25%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 30mg36%
Vitamin E 3mg20%
Vitamin Okay 66µg63%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 95µg24%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Gajar ka Murabba publish from the weblog archives, first revealed in January 2018 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.