Ginger Garlic paste is a cornerstone of many Indian recipes. Whereas I’ll usually simply mash or crush the garlic and ginger known as for in a given recipe, I’ve discovered that conserving some available within the fridge helps to streamline meal preparations. Do that easy Garlic Ginger Paste recipe for your self and set your fridge up for a number of weeks’ price of cooking success!
About Ginger Garlic Paste
Ginger Garlic Paste is nothing however each ginger and garlic crushed to a nice paste collectively and bottled. It is among the important ingredient added to many Indian recipes.
The recipe shared right here is my mother’s model. She at all times makes ginger garlic paste and retains it within the fridge. I personally don’t often make this paste forward of time, fairly simply use the components as I would like them.
I’ve to confess, although, that having the paste makes life a bit simpler and in addition saves time whereas cooking. I simply have to get the paste from the fridge so as to add to the recipe, no want for peeling, chopping, after which crushing the ginger-garlic. If you happen to wish to plan forward, you’ll love this recipe.
Making the paste is simple, however peeling garlic seems like a unending process. I’ve tried the 2-bowl shaking methodology to get the peels come off simply, however it didn’t work for me. As such, I peeled them the standard method, eradicating every peel one after the other.
After all, you may flippantly crush or mash the garlic first that can assist you take away the peels, however peeling one after the other fits me. So, when you could have further time, do that zen-like process.
You may also do that chore when watching television or listening to music. Peeling garlic requires follow and persistence. I recommend you meditate when peeling to make the time extra productive. 🙂
Some folks might need a burning sensation on their fingers whereas peeling the garlic. You possibly can rub some oil in your palms to forestall the burning, however the flip aspect of that is that the peels follow the oiled fingers.
That mentioned, it’s nonetheless higher than feeling the burning sensation a number of hours later. This burning sensation stays for just a few hours or typically as much as a day after which goes away. You may additionally put on gloves and peel the garlic cloves.
I’ve used an equal quantity of ginger and garlic by weight. Please notice that after peeling them, the load did change considerably.
I used 250 grams of garlic and after peeling I used to be right down to 186 grams of garlic. From 250 grams of ginger, I ended up with simply 190 grams of ginger after peeling and chopping.
Make sure that to account for some dried or wilted garlic cloves and some ginger roots bruised or not in situation.
Tips on how to make Ginger Garlic Paste
1. First separate the garlic cloves from 250 grams of garlic. Then peel the garlic cloves and put aside.
2. Rinse 250 ginger roots just a few instances in water scrubbing the mud lodged in them with a brush if wanted.
Then peel them. Use a paring knife or the again of a spoon to peel them.
3. Then roughly chop the ginger and add it to the bowl containing the garlic cloves. Rinse once more very properly in heat water just a few instances. Drain all of the water.
4. Add them to a grinder jar or a excessive pace blender or a meals processor with edible rock salt and oil. Each salt and oil assist to protect the paste and stop oxidization.
Simply remember so as to add much less salt to any recipe that you just make utilizing this ginger garlic paste for the reason that paste already has some.
You don’t want to any water whereas grinding or mixing.
5. Grind or mix or course of to a clean and nice consistency ensuring that there are not any small chunks of both the ginger or garlic.
6. Switch the ready ginger garlic paste to a clear glass jar. Shut the lid and refrigerate.
Storage and Makes use of
7. Use Ginger Garlic Paste as required in any recipe that you just make. This paste stays good for about 3 to 4 weeks within the fridge. You may also freeze it. On freezing it retains properly for about 2 months.
When eradicating the paste, at all times use a clear dry spoon. Any water or moisture if seeped into the paste, will spoil it.
Take the quantity as wanted to your recipes. Seal the jar with its lid and place again once more within the fridge.
- Use garlic which has medium to giant cloves and thus peeling them is less complicated. Small to very small garlic cloves take a whole lot of time. However quite the opposite smaller sized garlic pods or cloves are extra pungent and extra flavorful in comparison with their bigger counterparts.
- Keep away from fibrous or dry or dense ginger. Use contemporary and tender ginger. If the ginger smells terrible, then discard them.
- Peel ginger shortly utilizing the again of a spoon. You may also use a small knife or a paring knife.
- Use each contemporary ginger and contemporary garlic. Kindly don’t use frozen garlic or ginger. Additionally chorus from utilizing store-brought packaged peeled garlic as utilizing these might cut back the shelf lifetime of your home made paste and the paste can get spoiled shortly.
- Each salt and oil act as preservatives and the colour doesn’t discolor or darken. Some folks additionally add turmeric powder.
- You possibly can add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil to cowl the highest of the ginger-garlic paste within the jar to assist delay the shelf life.
The consistency in a ginger-garlic paste largely relies upon upon the kind of machine you utilize to grind. A meals processor might not give as clean of a consistency as utilizing a mixer-grinder or a excessive pace blender.
If the aroma of the paste is nice, then you should utilize it for just a few months. If the colour modifications or darkens or it has an off odor, then you may do away with the paste.
The ratio of ginger to garlic which is 1:1 is what most individuals observe and one which I additionally observe. However then once more it depends upon private preferences.
Be happy to extend the garlic and use a proportion of 1:2 or inversely use a proportion of two:1 for the ginger and garlic respectively.
I might recommend to make a small batch utilizing your proportions. Whereas making Indian meals, use the home made ginger garlic paste and see how does your recipe or dish tastes. If has an excessive amount of of a garlic taste or extra of the ginger flavors, then change the proportions accordingly.
Extra DIY Indian Recipes
Please make sure to price the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe
Ginger Garlic paste is a cornerstone of many Indian recipes. Do that easy home made Garlic Ginger paste recipe for your self and set your fridge up for a number of weeks’ price of cooking success.
Prep Time 40 minutes
Complete Time 40 minutes
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Peel the garlic cloves. Take them in a bowl.
Rinse the ginger roots after which peel them. Then roughly chop them
Add the chopped ginger to the bowl containing the peeled garlic cloves. Rinse them once more very properly in water just a few instances. Drain all of the water.
Making Ginger Garlic Paste
Add them in a grinder jar or meals processor or a excessive pace blender.
- Additionally add rock salt and oil. Each salt and oil assist in preserving the paste and it doesn’t flip darkish too. Simply do remember so as to add much less salt in any recipe that you just make utilizing this ginger garlic paste.
Grind or course of or mix to a clean and nice consistency. Make sure that there are not any small chunks of both the ginger and garlic within the floor paste.
Switch the ready paste in a clear glass jar. Shut the lid and refrigerate.
Storage and Makes use of
You possibly can both decide to refrigerate or freeze the home made ginger garlic paste. Use a clear, dry glass jar to retailer the paste.
In a fridge the paste retains properly for about 3 to 4 weeks. Within the freezer for 1 to 2 months.
Whereas eradicating the paste, at all times use a clear dry spoon. Take the paste as wanted after which shut the jar tightly with its lid and hold again once more the fridge.
Use ginger garlic paste as required in any recipe that you just make.
- Use contemporary and tender ginger. All the time peel the ginger and rinse them properly.
- Guarantee to make use of contemporary garlic cloves separated from the garlic pod. Kindly don’t use frozen garlic or retailer introduced peeled garlic. It’s higher to peel the garlic your self. Additionally don’t use garlic chives.
- I often make small batches and retailer the ginger-garlic paste. Based on your wants, you can also make much less or extra portions of the paste.
- Word that the approximate diet information is for all the quantity of ginger garlic paste made with this recipe.
Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 944 Energy from Fats 405
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 5g31%
Polyunsaturated Fats 3g
Monounsaturated Fats 36g
Vitamin A 23IU0%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.4mg24%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 4mg20%
Vitamin B6 4mg200%
Vitamin C 91mg110%
Vitamin E 18mg120%
Vitamin Ok 7µg7%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 35µg9%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Ginger Garlic Paste recipe from the archives, initially revealed in July 2016 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.