Kada prashad recipe with step-by-step pics. Kada prashad is a clean, tender, velvety and wealthy halwa made with complete wheat flour (atta), ghee, sugar and water. One of many delicacies that’s served in gurudwara as a prasad is that this tremendous scrumptious halwa referred to as kada prashad. Its everyone’s favourite candy.
About Kada Prasad
The phrase gurudwara means the door to the guru. So while you go to the guru you can not come again empty handed. The guru provides his candy blessings to you. Thus kada prashad signifies these blessings and one ought to by no means say no to kada prashad while you go to any gurudwara.
Everytime you go to any temple or gurudwara and if meals is obtainable to you as prashad, then at all times attempt to end it and don’t waste meals. When the meals is served to you, at the moment you’ll be able to request humbly to serve a small portion in case you are not hungry.
Karah prasad may be very wealthy and filling. If you’re acutely aware about an excessive amount of ghee then you’ll be able to request the sewadar to give you a small amount.
If in case you have ever visited any gurudwara then you’ll vouch for the superior style of karah prasad that’s served there. In gurudwaras this prasad is ready with lot of devotion and steady chanting of hymns so the style of halwa is divine and has a special vitality to it.
Whereas making karah prasad its necessary to chant the 5 baanis. reciting the bani is among the foremost ingredient in it. As a result of it provides refined religious and devotional vitality to the halwa after which it turns into the prasad. With out the chanting it is going to be like a scrumptious atta halwa.
So if you wish to make the kara parshaad then whereas making it recite the 5 baanis that are: JAPJI SAHIB, JAAP SAHIB , TAV PARSAAD SAVIYAE, CHAOUPAI SAHIB and ANAND SAHIB. If chanting these 5 baanis shouldn’t be doable then you’ll be able to chant WAHEGURU repeatedly from begin to finish whereas making deg or prashad.
Kada prashad is made with 4 substances – complete wheat flour, ghee, sugar and water. The proportion is 1:1:1:3 ratio of wheat flour, ghee, sugar and water respectively. Thus kada prashad has a special style then the same old Atta halwa we make at dwelling.
If making at dwelling, then you’ll be able to add much less ghee. For some texture within the halwa a number of tablespoons of sooji (rava) can also be added. My mom in regulation add sooji, however largely I make kada prashad with wheat flour.
Serve kada prashad sizzling or heat. If you happen to refrigerate, then earlier than serving simply heat it evenly after which serve.
Easy methods to make Kada Prashad Recipe
Making sugar answer
1. Take 1 cup of sugar in a sauce pan or pot. Use a sauce pan or pot which has a deal with as its helps so as to add sugar answer to the atta combination within the later a part of the recipe.
2. Add 3 cups water.
3. Maintain the pan on stove-top on a medium-low to medium warmth.
4. Stir the answer so that every one the sugar dissolves.
5. Start to warmth this sugar answer until it involves a boil.
Frying complete wheat flour
6. In the meantime place a heavy bottomed kadai or pan on the range high on a low warmth. Maintain each the pans on two burners concurrently, so that after the wheat flour is fried, the sugar answer can also be sizzling.
7. Add 1 cup of ghee within the kadai. Do use a heavy and thick bottomed kadai in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt.
8. Let your entire ghee soften.
9. Then add 1 cup complete wheat flour.
10. Stir and blend nicely.
11. Combine the entire wheat flour (atta) with the ghee. Fry the atta on a low to medium-low warmth.
12. Combine very nicely to get a combination with out lumps.
13. In the meantime the sugar answer can even come to a boil. As soon as the sugar answer boils, then change off the flame. There aren’t any thread consistencies shaped within the sugar answer. The sugar answer simply wants to return to a boil.
14. On a low warmth start to fry the entire wheat flour in ghee. Fry the atta stirring continuous.
15. The colour of the flour will change as you retain on stirring and cooking it. Carry on stirring the flour to make sure even browning and likewise in order that it doesn’t get burnt.
16. The atta or complete wheat flour ought to have a shade of darkish golden shade and may have a nutty perfume. It took me 17 minutes for the atta to get cooked on the proper shade and texture in a heavy kadai.
Timing will differ relying on the fabric, thickness, dimension of the pan and the depth of the flame.
Making kada prashad
17. When the atta turns to a darkish golden shade, add the sugar answer in two elements. Be very cautious because the combination bubbles and splutters loads. Do word that the sugar answer must be sizzling while you add it to the roasted atta combination.
18. Combine and stir very nicely.
19. Then add the second a part of sizzling sugar answer.
20. Proceed to combine very nicely.
21. Now cook dinner the kada prashad stirring continuous.
22. The combination will thicken because it will get cooked. The halwa can even begin releasing ghee.
23. Proceed to stir continuous and cook dinner until the entire combination turns into one mass and leaves the perimeters of the pan.
24. The consistency of the kada prasad can even change in addition to the colour.
26. When the kada prashad has a thick pudding like consistency, then change off the flame.
After including the sugar answer I cooked the halwa for 10 minutes on a low-medium flame stirring repeatedly.
Timing will differ with the kadai thickness, dimension and depth of flame. Do word that on cooling the atta halwa will thicken extra. At this step you can too add some kishmish (raisins) or dry fruits like almonds or cashews.
27. Serve kada prashad sizzling or heat.
A number of extra tasty Halwa recipes you might like are:
Please you’ll want to price the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark beneath you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Kada Prashad Recipe
Kada prashad is an excellent scrumptious halwa that’s served in gurudwaras as prasad.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 25 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
making sugar answer
Take 1 cup sugar in a sauce pan or pot. add 3 cups water. Use a sauce pan which has a deal with as its helps so as to add sugar answer to the atta combination within the later a part of the recipe.
Maintain the pan on range high on a medium-low to medium flame.
Stir the answer so that every one the sugar dissolves.
Warmth this sugar answer until it begins boiling.
As soon as the sugar answer boils, then change off the flame.
frying wheat flour for kada prashad
In the meantime while you preserve the sugar answer to boil, additionally place a heavy bottomed kadai or pan on one other range high on a low flame.
Add 1 cup ghee. let your entire ghee soften.
Then add complete wheat flour.
Stir and blend the entire wheat flour (atta) with the ghee.
Combine very nicely to get a combination with out lumps.
On a low flame start to fry the entire wheat flour in ghee.
Fry the atta stirring continuous.
The colour of the flour will change as you retain on stirring and cooking it. Carry on stirring the flour to make sure even browning.
The atta or complete wheat flour ought to have a shade of darkish golden shade and may have a nutty perfume.
making kada prashad
When the atta turns to a darkish golden shade, add the sugar answer in two elements. Be very cautious because the combination bubbles and splutters loads.
Combine and stir very nicely.
Then add the second a part of sizzling sugar answer. proceed to combine very nicely.
Now cook dinner the kada prashad stirring continuous.
The combination will thicken because it will get cooked.
The halwa can even begin releasing ghee.
Proceed to stir continuous and cook dinner until the entire combination turns into one mass and leaves the perimeters of the pan.
The consistency of the kada prasad can even change in addition to the colour.
When the kada prashad has a thick pudding like consistency, then change off the flame.
Serve kada prashad sizzling or heat.
Kada Prashad Recipe
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 495 Energy from Fats 306
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 21g131%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 9g
Ldl cholesterol 88mg29%
Vitamin A 1065IU21%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This Kada Prasad Recipe from the archives, initially printed in December 2017 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.