Kele ka Kofta recipe with step-by-step images. Additionally known as Banana Kofta, these are crisp, spiced pan fried patties made with uncooked unripe inexperienced bananas or plantains. All you want are just a few plantains, some Indian spices, herbs and a binding flour to make these tasty kofta.
About Kela Ka Kofta
Banana or plantain is known as ‘Kela’ (singular) or “Kele” (plural) in Hindi. Kofta are fried patties or dumplings which might be made with numerous greens or fruits; right here on this case plantains and therefore the title of this recipe.
This explicit Banana Kofta recipe might be made in the course of the Hindu fasting days like Navratri and in addition throughout common days. The recipe makes for a snack and doesn’t have a gravy or curry with it.
So when Navratri begins, you’ll be able to choose to make this recipe. I’ve shared just a few extra fasting recipes earlier. I at all times have a good time Navratri with plenty of zest, power and devotion. That is one pageant that’s near me for non secular causes.
Now shifting onto the recipe, These Kele ke Kofte make for a pleasant brunch or snack. Minimal spices are used on this one.
What stands out is the style and texture of the bananas within the koftas. Whereas the outsides are crisp, the insides have the agency and easy texture of cooked plantains.
Serve the Banana kofta with coconut chutney, selfmade tomato ketchup made with out preservatives or coriander or mint chutney or any of your most popular dips.
The best way to make Kela ka Kofta
1. First rinse 3 medium to massive uncooked unripe bananas or plantains with water. Place them in a 2 litre stovetop stress cooker. Add 1.5 cups water.
It’s also possible to halve them and add to the cooker together with water. The plantains will also be steamed or boiled in a pan or within the Immediate Pot including water as wanted.
2. Stress prepare dinner on medium warmth for 3 whistles or until the bananas have full softened.
Let the stress drop by itself within the cooker. Then solely open the lid. Drain the water and put aside the cooked plantains to chill.
3. As soon as they change into heat, peel them and place in a mixing bowl.
4. Mash them with a potato masher or with a fork. Mash very effectively.
5. Then add the next substances:
- 10 cashews (finely chopped) or 14 to 16 roasted peanuts (coarsely crushed)
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 inexperienced chili (finely chopped) or ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour or water chestnut flour or buckwheat flour or amaranth flour
- edible rock salt (sendha namak), as required
I’ve used arrowroot flour. Additionally if you happen to use pink chili powder in fasting, then as an alternative of inexperienced chilies, you’ll be able to add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of pink chili powder.
6. Combine very effectively. The kofta combination ought to appear like the one within the picture beneath.
If the combination appears sticky or moist, then add some extra of the arrowroot flour or water chestnut flour or buckwheat flour or amaranth flour.
Make Banana Kofta
7. Now take equal parts from the combination and form them into patties. You may unfold some oil in your palms whereas shaping them.
8. Warmth 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a flat pan or skillet. When the oil turns into scorching, place the koftas.
9. When the bottom is cooked and turns into mild golden, flip over and fry the opposite facet.
10. Flip for a few instances extra and pan fry the banana koftas until they change into golden and crisp.
11. Then place the fried koftas on kitchen paper towels to take away extra oil.
12. Serve Kela Kofta with coconut chutney, selfmade tomato ketchup made with out preservatives or coriander or mint chutney.
If you’re searching for extra related do examine:
Please you’ll want to price the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Kele ka Kofta | Banana Kofta
Kele ka Kofta are crispy, spiced pan fried patties made with uncooked inexperienced unripe bananas or plantains, spices, herbs and a binding flour. A particular snack which you could make in the course of the Navratri fasting interval or on every other common day.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Getting ready banana kofta combination
First rinse the plantains in water just a few instances.
Take the unripe bananas or plantains in a 2 litre stovetop stress cooker. Add 1.5 cups water. It’s also possible to halve the plantains after which add them to the cooker.
Stress prepare dinner on medium warmth for 3 whistles or until the bananas have full softened.
Let the stress drop naturally within the cooker, then solely open the lid. Drain the water and put aside the cooked plantains to chill.
As soon as they change into heat, peel them and place in a mixing bowl.
Mash them with a potato masher or with a fork. Mash very effectively.
Then add all the different substances, besides oil. Combine very effectively.
Now take equal parts from the combination and form them into patties.
Making kela ka kofta
Warmth peanut oil in a flat pan or skillet. When the oil turns into scorching, place the koftas.
When the bottom is cooked and turns into mild golden, flip over and fry the opposite facet.
Flip for a few instances extra and pan fry the koftas until they change into golden and crispy.
Then place the fried koftas on kitchen paper towels.
Serve Banana Kofta with coconut chutney or coriander chutney or mint chutney.
- Use solely unripe bananas or plantains to make this recipe.
- Be happy to regulate the spices and seasonings in accordance with your preferences.
- When making the banana kofta as a snack on common days, you can use rice flour or cornstarch or bread crumbs to bind the kofta combination as an alternative of arrowroot flour.
- It’s also possible to bake or air-fry these koftas.
- The recipe might be scaled to make for extra servings.
Kele ka Kofta | Banana Kofta
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 339 Energy from Fats 108
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2g13%
Polyunsaturated Fats 3g
Monounsaturated Fats 6g
Vitamin A 7IU0%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.2mg13%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.1mg6%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%
Vitamin C 29mg35%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Ok 2µg2%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 39µg10%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
This Kele ke Kofte recipe from the archives, initially revealed in October 2015 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.