Lauki ki kheer recipe with step-by-step pictures. That is a simple recipe methodology to make kheer from bottle gourd, milk and flavoring spices. Lauki is often known as opo squash or dudhi or ghia or doodhi.
Lauki is a cooling veggie to have throughout the summers. You may make numerous dishes with lauki from savory to candy. I had some lauki left after making sambhar recipe, so considered making kheer with it.
To make lauki kheer, I take advantage of the identical methodology by way of which I make carrot kheer. I’ve not but posted the carrot kheer recipe.
The recipe could be very easy and even a newbie in cooking could make this kheer. Simply be certain to make use of recent entire milk. You should utilize pre boiled milk or pasteurized milk. One other level to be famous is that the Lauki must be tender and mustn’t style bitter.
This lauki kheer can be made throughout fasting days like Navratri or Ekadashi or Shivratri. If you don’t use dairy milk, then you may substitute it with almond milk. However simply frivolously warmth the almond milk. Don’t warmth an excessive amount of or boil.
You too can use coconut milk, however add thick coconut milk. When you add the coconut milk, simmer on a low flame for a minute or two. Once more right here don’t warmth an excessive amount of or boil because the coconut milk can curdle.
The best way to make Lauki ki Kheer
1. Rinse, peel and grate 200 grams lauki (half of a medium sized lauki). It’s best to get 1 cup of grated lauki.
Be sure that the lauki doesn’t have any bitter style. If the lauki is bitter then don’t use it and trash it.
2. In a thick bottomed pan, warmth 1 tablespoon of ghee or a neutral-flavored oil. Add the grated lauki.
3. Stir the lauki properly and start to saute it on a low to medium warmth.
4. Stirring usually, saute for 4 to five minutes.
5. Then add 2.5 cups of entire milk. Utilizing toned milk or low fats milk can curdle.
6. Stir and blend.
7. On a low to medium warmth simmer the milk stirring at intervals, in order that the milk doesn’t scorch on the backside of the pan.
8. After 5 to six minutes, add a pinch of saffron strands.
9. Proceed to simmer the milk until it involves a delicate boil.
10. Carry on cooking the milk, until it’s decreased a bit. Stir usually and scrape the milk solids from the perimeters and add them to the simmering milk. Total prepare dinner the milk for 16 to twenty minutes, stirring usually.
11. As soon as the milk has decreased a bit, add 4 to five tablespoons of sugar. Stir and blend very properly in order that the sugar dissolves.
You may range the quantity of sugar in response to your preferences.
12. Then add ¼ to ½ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder and 12 to fifteen cashews.
13. Simmer the kheer for two to three minutes extra.
14. Lastly swap off the warmth and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of rose water.
15. Then add 5 to six dried rose petals (crushed). Skip rose petals should you do not need them.
18. Now you may serve lauki kheer scorching or heat or chilled. On cooling, the consistency of the kheer will thicken.
The leftover kheer might be refrigerated for about 1 day.
Few extra candy recipes for you!
Please you’ll want to charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
lauki ki kheer
Scrumptious kheer made with bottle gourd or opo squash.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 25 minutes
Whole Time 30 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse, peel and grate 200 grams lauki (half of a medium sized lauki). It’s best to get 1 cup grated lauki.
In a thick bottomed pan, warmth ghee or a impartial flavored oil. Add the lauki.
Stir the lauki properly and start to saute it on a low to medium warmth.
Stirring usually, saute for 4 to five minutes.
Making lauki ki kheer
Then add recent entire milk and stir.
On a low to medium warmth simmer the milk stirring at intervals, in order that the milk doesn’t scorch on the backside of the pan.
After 5 to six minutes, add a pinch of saffron strands.
Proceed to simmer milk until it involves a delicate boil.
Carry on cooking milk, until its decreased a bit. Stir usually and scrape the milk solids from the perimeters and add them to the simmering milk. Total prepare dinner the milk for 16 to twenty minutes, stirring usually.
As soon as the milk has decreased a bit, add sugar as per your style.
Stir the sugar with the kheer combination.
Then add cardamom powder and cashews.
Simmer the kheer for two to three minutes extra.
Lastly swap off the warmth and add rose water.
Then add 5 to six dried rose petals (crushed). Skip rose petals should you do not need.
Now you may serve lauki ki kheer scorching or heat or chilled. On cooling, the consistency of the lauki kheer will thicken.
- Kindly make sure that the lauki has a gentle impartial style. It mustn’t style bitter. Bitter-tasting lauki must be discarded and never used.
- The recipe might be doubled.
- You may add your selection of dry fruits and nuts.
lauki ki kheer
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 304 Energy from Fats 126
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 7g44%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Ldl cholesterol 33mg11%
Vitamin A 329IU7%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Vitamin D 3µg20%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 3µg3%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 12µg3%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Lauki Kheer Put up from the weblog archives, first revealed in April 2016 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.