This delightfully simple and terrifically tasty egg-free Mango Cake with Mango Mousse Frosting is an ideal candy to make whereas mangoes are in season. Made with wholesome complete wheat flour, this straightforward, moist loaf cake is all the pieces I would like proper now.
About Mango Cake
Tailored from my Pound Cake Recipe, this yummy mango cake is moist, dense and ideal for any event the place you need one thing just a little candy. When paired with my Mango Mousse as icing, it’s a true delicacy.
There are such a lot of mango desserts which might be an absolute favourite and this Mango cake is one such dessert. In case you like Mango flavored sweets, it’s best to have a take a look at these dessert recipes:
Since I favor to make wholesome bakes, this mango cake is made with complete wheat flour. Entire meal flour additionally lends a pleasant nuttiness to the flavour and aroma of the cake that I discover very interesting.
In case you favor, you may as well make the cake with all goal flour or a 50/50 combine; that mentioned, because the texture is gentle and gentle, I’m completely joyful getting additional fiber from complete grain flour. Who doesn’t love just a little sneaky diet in dessert?
This Mango Loaf Cake is humble sufficient for on a regular basis consuming, however is definitely flavorful sufficient to serve to firm. The mango mousse frosting provides a stage of sophistication with out an excessive amount of additional work.
Your entire bake takes simply over an hour begin to end, with solely about quarter-hour value of lively time. This mango cake recipe solely requires 8 elements – or 10 whole, if you happen to choose to make the mousse frosting – that means it’s fairly attainable for the house cook dinner.
What isn’t to like about this sunshine-hued masterpiece? Nothing, that’s what. Now let’s get began!
Suggestions & Tips
This easy mango loaf cake is fairly simple to make, however I’ve assembled all of my greatest recommendation for ensuring your bake comes out completely each time.
- As talked about above, all goal flour might be substituted for complete wheat flour. Be at liberty to make use of solely all-purpose flour or a 50/50 mixture of the 2.
- As an alternative of contemporary mangoes, 1 cup of retailer purchased mango pulp or purée can be utilized. You too can swap in defrosted frozen mango if you happen to favor.
- I used alphonso mangoes. You need to use any ripe candy juicy mangoes, simply keep away from any fruit with a fibrous pulp. The colour of the cake will range with the number of mangoes used.
- Each unsalted or salted butter can be utilized. As an alternative of butter, you may as well choose to make use of ⅓ cup of a impartial flavored oil.
- This cake might be made in a strain cooker, however not in microwave mode. You too can bake the mango cake in a microwave oven on convection mode.
- My mango pound cake recipe isn’t scaleable. If you wish to double the recipe, I like to recommend you make two separate batters.
- In case you use unsweetened condensed milk, then add sugar as per your desire. You too can use home made vegan condensed milk if you happen to favor.
- Each baking soda and baking powder are required and can’t be substituted for one another.
- You possibly can add flavorings or spices of your selection – inexperienced cardamom powder is a good addition!
- You possibly can skip the frosting if you need; the cake tastes good plain, too. You too can choose to make use of a unique frosting of your selection.
Easy methods to Make Mango Cake
1. Sieve 1.5 cups complete wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon baking soda right into a bowl.
2. Hold the sifted dry elements apart.
3. Grease a loaf pan measuring 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches with butter or oil and hold apart. You too can use a spherical pan of seven or 7.5 inches diameter.
4. Peel and chop 2 massive alphonso mangoes and add the mango cubes to a blender. In whole, it must be 1 cup of tightly packed chopped mangoes.
If utilizing retailer purchased mango pulp or purée, it also needs to measure roughly 1 cup.
5. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar, relying on the sweetness of the fruit. The mangoes I used had been very candy, so I added 3 tablespoons of natural uncooked sugar.
If the mangoes are usually not candy sufficient, you’ll be able to add 1 to 2 tablespoons extra sugar to your liking.
6. Mix mangoes to a wonderful and easy purée and put aside. Preheat your oven at 180 levels Celsius (350 levels Fahrenheit) quarter-hour earlier than you begin baking.
For baking within the convection mode of the microwave oven, use 170 levels Celsius/330 levels Fahrenheit because the preheat temperature.
Make Cake Batter
7. Take 100 grams unsalted butter ( ½ cup chopped butter) in a pan. Use both salted or unsalted butter.
8. Place the pan on a stovetop and on soften the butter over a low warmth.
9. Warmth till the butter is *simply* melted, stirring in order that it melts rapidly.
10. As soon as the butter has melted, add ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk (about ½ of a 400 grams can).
11. Start to stir very effectively with a wired or balloon whisk.
12. Whisk very effectively to make a easy homogeneous combination.
13. Now add the mango purée and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
You too can add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder or ½ teaspoon mango essence or extract as a substitute of vanilla extract.
14. Stir very effectively to get a easy, even combination.
15. Add the sifted flour.
16. With gentle fingers, gently fold the combination with a spatula. Keep away from overmixing.
17. The mango cake batter ought to have quantity; it shouldn’t fall flat or grow to be doughy like chapati or naan dough.
If the batter appears to be like thicker than my batter beneath, then add just a few tablespoons of milk to loosen it.
Observe that home made mango purée is normally fairly thick. In case you use retailer purchased mango puree, then the batter can be barely thinner.
18. Pour the mango cake batter into the ready loaf pan.
19. Shake the pan to even the batter from the perimeters and use the spatula to even the batter from the highest.
Bake Mango Cake
20. Place the loaf pan within the preheated oven at 180 levels Celsius (350 levels Fahrenheit). Bake mango cake for 40 to 50 minutes.
If the highest begins to get browned, then cowl it with foil or butter paper and proceed to bake the mango cake till it’s totally cooked.
Relying on the temperature situations in your oven, it could take much less or extra time. It took me 55 minutes to bake the mango cake.
I did cowl with a foil after 25 minutes of baking. The ultimate examine is a golden crust and a tooth decide or picket skewer popping out clear.
For baking within the convection mode of a microwave oven, use the temperature of 170 levels Celsius (330 levels Fahrenheit). Once more the baking time will range within the convection mode of your microwave oven.
21. When the cake cools sufficient to deal with, take away from the pan and permit it to chill utterly on a wire rack. Slice the mango cake and serve when cooled.
You too can frost the cake together with your favourite icing if you need. I’ve included directions for making mango mousse icing beneath.
Put together Mango Mousse Frosting (Elective)
1. Take ½ cup whipping cream (or 25% to 35% low fats cream) in a mixing bowl together with 2 to three tablespoons of honey or icing sugar or confectioner’s sugar.
Start to whip the cream on a excessive pace. I’ve used honey.
2. Whip until gentle peaks type.
3. Then add ⅓ cup mango puree.
4. Mix on the bottom pace till all the pieces is combined effectively. Hold accomplished mango mousse within the fridge until the cake cools down completely earlier than frosting it.
This mousse frosting is so good, you might find yourself consuming it as quickly because it will get made. We completed greater than half of this mango mousse earlier than icing the cake, so I couldn’t sandwich the cake with mango mousse and needed to accept only a high layer of frosting.
5. When the cake cools down utterly, rigorously slice into equal horizontal halves.
Brush some sugar syrup (1 teaspoon sugar dissolved in 3 to 4 teaspoons water) on the halved cake. Unfold the mango mousse over the syrup, then cowl with the opposite half.
Brush some sugar syrup on the highest of the cake. Unfold the highest and sides with the remaining mango mousse frosting.
NOTE: For an excellent look and end, slice the highest a part of the cake very thinly. Unfold the sugar syrup flippantly, then unfold the mango mousse icing evenly everywhere in the cake. You too can enhance with chopped mango rosettes or slices, and even with chocolate shavings or nuts.
6. Even the mousse frosting from the highest utilizing a spatula. Cowl the mango cake – with out touching the perimeters and edges – with a massive field or bowl and hold within the fridge until the mousse units.
5. As soon as the frosting is ready, slice and function a dessert or with tea, espresso or milk.
Certain! Merely swap the butter for a vegan substitute or a impartial flavored oil and use a plant based mostly sweetened condensed milk. I’ve not tried making the mousse vegan, however ostensibly it ought to work with coconut cream.
Utilizing simply mango purée ends in a really subtly flavored cake; for a extra pronounced taste, use ½ teaspoon of mango essence.
Uh-oh. Feels like a number of issues may’ve occurred:
1. Make certain the batter is combined evenly.
2. Don’t over combine the batter.
3. Don’t open the oven door till the cake is not less than 75% baked.
4. Make certain the cake is baked till a toothpick comes out clear.
Sure! after all you’ll be able to.
Frosted mango cake will final for 4 to five days within the fridge.
Please remember to charge the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark beneath you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Mango Cake Recipe (Eggless + Entire Wheat)
This delightfully simple and engaging egg-free Mango Cake with Mango Mousse Frosting is an ideal dessert to make whereas mangoes are in season. Made with complete wheat flour, contemporary mangoes, butter and condensed milk, this moist loaf cake is a delish, easy cake to make.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 50 minutes
Whole Time 1 hr 5 minutes
Components For Mango Cake
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Sieve the entire wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl or plate. Hold the sifted dry elements apart.
Grease a loaf pan measuring 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches with butter or oil and hold apart. You too can use a spherical pan of seven or 7.5 inches diameter.
Peel and chop 2 massive alphonso mangoes and add the mango cubes in a blender. In cup measure, it must be 1 cup tightly packed chopped mangoes.
- Additionally add 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar. The addition of sugar depends upon the sweetness of the mangoes. The mangoes I used very very candy, so I added 3 tablespoons of sugar. If the mangoes are usually not candy sufficient, you’ll be able to add 1 or 2 tablespoons extra sugar.
Mix to a easy and wonderful mango puree. Hold the puree apart.
- Additionally preheat your oven at 180 levels Celsius/350 levels fahrenheit quarter-hour earlier than you begin baking. For baking within the convection mode of the microwave oven, use 170 levels Celsius/330 levels Fahrenheit because the preheat temperature.
Making mango cake batter
Take the unsalted butter in a pan.
Hold the pan on a stovetop and on a low warmth soften the butter.
Simply soften the butter. No have to warmth the butter. Stir in order that the butter melts rapidly.
Hold the pan down on the kitchen countertop as soon as the butter has melted. Add the sweetened condensed milk. Condensed milk added is about ½ a tin or can of condensed milk measuring 400 grams or 14 ounces.
Start to stir very effectively with a wired or balloon whisk.
Whisk very effectively to make a easy even combination.
Now add the mango puree and vanilla extract.
Stir once more very effectively to get a easy even combination. Add the sifted flour.
With gentle fingers, gently fold the combination with a spatula. Keep away from folding an excessive amount of.
- The cake batter ought to have quantity and shouldn’t fall flat or grow to be doughy like roti or naan dough. Relying on the standard of flour, you would possibly get a thick batter like I’ve bought. This a lot thickness is ok.
- But when the mango cake batter appears to be like very thick, then do add some tablespoons of milk. Additionally mango puree made at house is normally thick. In case you use retailer purchased mango puree, then the batter can be barely on the thinner aspect.
With the spatula add the batter to the loaf pan.
Shake the pan to even the batter from the perimeters. Additionally with the spatula even the batter from the highest.
Baking mango cake
Place the loaf pan within the preheated oven at 180 levels celsius/350 levels fahrenheit. Bake the cake for 40 to 50 minutes.
If high begins to get browned, then cowl with foil or butter paper and proceed to bake the mango cake. Relying on the temperature situations in your oven, it make take much less or extra time.
The ultimate examine is a golden crust and a tooth decide or picket skewer popping out clear.
For baking within the convection mode of a microwave oven, use the temperature of 170 levels Celsius/330 levels Fahrenheit. Once more the baking time will range within the convection mode of your microwave oven.
When the cake turns into heat, take away from the pan and permit it cool on a wire rack. Slice the mango cake and serve when cooled. You too can frost the cake together with your favourite icing if you need.
For mango mousse icing (non-compulsory step)
Take the whipping cream or 25% to 35% low fats cream in a mixing bowl together with honey or icing sugar or confectioner’s sugar. Start to whip the cream on a excessive pace.
Whip until gentle peaks.
Then add ⅓ cup mango puree. On the bottom pace mix for some seconds until each factor is combined effectively. Hold within the fridge until the cake cools down.
When the cake cools down utterly, slice rigorously into equal halves. Brush some sugar syrup (1 teaspoon sugar dissolved in 3 to 4 teaspoons water) on the halved cake.
Unfold the mango mousse evenly. Cowl with the remaining half of the mango cake.
Brush some sugar syrup on high of the cake half. Then once more unfold the highest and sides with the remaining mango mousse frosting.
For a neater look, you’ll be able to thinly slice the highest a part of the mango cake. Brush flippantly with the sugar syrup after which unfold the icing.
With a spatula even the mousse frosting from the highest. Cowl the mango cake with out touching the perimeters and edges with a big field or bowl and hold within the fridge until the mousse units.
As soon as executed slice after which serve the eggless mango cake with mango mousse frosting. The leftover cake retains effectively within the fridge for 4 to five days.
- If utilizing retailer purchased mango pulp or puree, then use 1 cup mango pulp. You would additionally use any juicy mangoes as a substitute of alphonso mangoes.
- The recipe can’t be doubled as it’s. Some experimentation is required in your aspect to double it.
- You too can add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder or ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder or ½ teaspoon mango essence or extract as a substitute of vanilla extract.
- The colour of the cake will range relying on the standard and shade of mangoes.
Mango Cake Recipe (Eggless + Entire Wheat)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 306 Energy from Fats 135
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g56%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 4g
Ldl cholesterol 46mg15%
Vitamin A 1028IU21%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 19mg23%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 4µg4%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 33µg8%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Mango Cake recipe from the archives, initially revealed in Could 2015 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.