As a lot as we use bread as it’s, in our day by day lives, so will we use it to take advantage of luxurious sorts of Bread Snacks too. Our lives can’t actually be imagined with out bread being an integral a part of our on a regular basis meals. So, right here’s a fuss-free snack recipe made with bread – the Masala Bread. This Bread Masala is among the best, quickest and yummiest snacks which you could made with bread slices. This model is spicy and I make it in an identical approach I make the Bread Upma, which is made with fewer spices and herbs.
About Masala Bread
So, what precisely is that this Masala Bread? Merely put, the Hindi phrase ‘masala’ when utilized in a dish, means a ‘spiced combination.’ On this specific recipe, the masala is a spicy onion-tomato combination. And while you toss some bread cubes in it, you get the Bread Masala prepared in a matter of minutes.
More often than not that goes into making this Masala Bread is in sautéing the onion-tomato combination. Aside from that, the recipe is definitely a cakewalk!
You actually don’t should stress over the substances too, as all of them are the fundamental ones out of your Indian house pantry.
Upon getting all of the substances prepared and accomplished with the slicing of the bread into small cubes too, simply observe the recipe to make a fast, simple and scrumptious Bread Masala – that will be one of the best snack to beat these sudden starvation pangs. This dish is sort of filling too. So, you’ll be able to have it in breakfast or brunch as effectively.
Along with the bread slices, onion and tomato, different substances which might be part of this Masala Bread recipe are ginger-garlic paste, inexperienced chili, coriander leaves and floor spices like turmeric powder, crimson chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
I additionally add some crushed dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) and drizzle some lemon juice on the Bread Masala, whereas serving. These additionally elevate the flavors within the dish. You may select to skip these as effectively.
About My Recipe
Like I discussed earlier, to make Masala Bread, a base of onion-tomatoes and spices is made first. The bread cubes are then combined with this masala base. Because of this, the bread cubes get coated with this spicy, tangy masala and lead to heavenly flavors.
Normally, we want masala-soaked smooth bread cubes at house. However you’ll be able to cook dinner the bread for extra time and get a crisp and toasted texture on the bread for this Bread Masala.
You can too modify the amount of inexperienced chilies and the spice powders based on the extent of spiciness you need on this dish.
As a more healthy different, you’ll be able to substitute the common white bread with Wheat Bread or multi-grain bread too.
On this Masala Bread recipe, you can even use pav (dinner rolls) as an alternative of bread. Pav Bhaji Masala will be added as an alternative of Garam Masala Powder. If utilizing pav bhaji masala, then you can even add some finely chopped capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper) together with the tomatoes.
Since making Bread Masala doesn’t take a whole lot of time and will get accomplished rapidly, you’ll be able to serve it as a fast snack for sudden company or buddies.
It can be served as an after-school snack for youths. If making for youths, skip the inexperienced chilies and crimson chili powder and scale back the garam masala powder.
Find out how to make Masala Bread
Prep Bread and Make Onion Tomato Masala
1. Firstly, lower 5 to six small to medium sized bread slices into small cubes. Preserve apart.
2. Finely chop 1 medium onion, 2 medium tomatoes and 1 inexperienced chili.
3. Warmth 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
You would additionally decide to make use of 2 tablespoons butter as an alternative of oil.
4. Sauté for some seconds or until uncooked aroma of each ginger and garlic goes away.
5. Add ⅓ cup chopped onions.
6. Combine after which start to sauté onions on low to medium warmth.
7. Sauté onions until translucent.
8. Preserve the warmth to a low and add the next spice powders:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon crimson chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
9. Combine effectively on low warmth, taking care that the spices don’t burn.
10. Now, add ½ cup tightly packed finely chopped tomatoes.
11. Add chopped inexperienced chili.
12. Combine effectively.
13. Season with salt as per style. Add much less salt as bread additionally has salt.
14. Combine once more.
15. Sauté tomatoes until they flip pulpy and smooth. You must also see oil releasing from the edges of the onion-tomato masala.
Add a number of tablespoons of water, if the tomatoes persist with the pan.
16. When the tomatoes have softened and change into mushy, add 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and 1 to 2 pinches crushed dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi).
Kasuri methi will be skipped, if you happen to don’t have it.
17. Combine once more.
Make Masala Bread
18. Add the bread cubes.
19. Combine bread cubes very effectively with the onion-tomato masala and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
For a crispy texture within the bread, you’ll be able to sauté for some extra time, stirring at intervals, on low to medium-low warmth.
20. Serve Masala Bread scorching or heat. Whereas serving Bread Masala, drizzle some lemon juice on high. You may even garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Any number of bread or pav (dinner rolls) can be utilized on this recipe.
- Be sure to care for the amount of salt you add on this dish. Since, the bread additionally has salt in it, it’s best to maintain it low within the dish. Regulate later, if required.
- Whereas sautéing the onion-tomato masala, whether it is sticking on the backside of the pan, then splash some water in it after which proceed to sauté.
- For those who want to use pav bhaji masala instead of garam masala powder, you are able to do that too. On this case, you’ll be able to add some capsicum too within the masala base.
- You may make this dish with out the dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) and lemon juice.
- For those who just like the bread cubes to be crisp within the dish, then sauté for some extra time on low to medium-low warmth. Preserve stirring at intervals.
Extra Bread Snack Recipes To Strive!
Please remember to fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under you probably have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Masala Bread | Straightforward Bread Masala
Masala Bread is among the best, quickest and yummiest snacks which you could make with bread slices in a sautéed base of onion-tomato masala, floor spices and herbs. This model is spicy and tastes too good. The spices will be simply adjusted based on your style.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Firstly lower the bread slices in small cubes. Preserve apart.
Finely chop the onion, tomatoes and inexperienced chili.
Making bread masala
Warmth oil in a pan and add the ginger-garlic paste.
Sauté for some seconds until uncooked aroma of each ginger and garlic goes away. Preserve warmth to a low whereas sautéing the ginger-garlic paste.
Then add chopped onions. Combine after which start to sauté onions on a low to medium warmth.
Sauté onions until they flip translucent and are softened.
Preserve the warmth to a low after which add the next spice powders: turmeric powder, crimson chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder or pav bhaji masala.
Combine very effectively on a low warmth taking care that the bottom spices don’t burn.
Then add finely chopped tomatoes and chopped inexperienced chillies. Combine effectively.
Season with salt as per style. Do add much less salt as bread additionally has salt. Combine once more.
- Sauté tomatoes until they change into pulpy and soften. You must also see oil releasing from the edges of the onion-tomato masala. Add a number of tablespoons water if the tomatoes persist with the pan.
- When the tomatoes have softened, add the chopped coriander leaves and crushed fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi). Kasuri methi will be skipped if you happen to don’t have it.
Combine once more after which add the bread cubes.
- Combine bread cubes very effectively with the onion-tomato masala and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. For a crispy texture within the bread you’ll be able to sauté them for some extra time stirring at intervals on a low to medium-low warmth.
Whereas serving bread masala drizzle some lemon juice on high. You may even garnish with a number of chopped coriander leaves. Serve bread masala scorching or heat.
- Use any number of smooth bread.
- Be sure to cook dinner the onions and tomatoes effectively. They each ought to soften and oil ought to separate from the onion-tomato masala combination.
- This can be a spicy bread masala recipe. Regulate the bottom spices and inexperienced chillies as wanted based on your style preferences.
- Omit the dry fenugreek leaves, if you happen to wouldn’t have them.
- As a substitute of garam masala, add pav bhaji masala.
- The recipe will be scaled to make for much less or extra servings accordingly.
Masala Bread | Straightforward Bread Masala
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 242 Energy from Fats 99
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Vitamin A 782IU16%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 3mg15%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 25mg30%
Vitamin E 5mg33%
Vitamin Ok 12µg11%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 45µg11%
* % Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
This Masala Bread recipe from the archives, initially printed in January 2018 has been up to date and republished on February 2023.