Matar mushroom recipe with step-by-step pictures. It is a semi-dry scrumptious vegetable dish made with inexperienced peas, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, herbs and spices. It makes for a scrumptious and wholesome meal when served with a facet of chapati or naan. Vegan and gluten-free.
I’ve already posted the recipes of South Indian mushroom peas curry. This recipe is extra North Indian type and in addition residence type. Often I make matar mushroom this fashion.
You may change mushroom with paneer or cottage cheese. Mushroom and paneer go nicely with most veggies and are sometimes used to make wealthy curry dishes for vegetarians. In lots of recipes you possibly can simply change mushroom with paneer and vice versa. That is one such recipe.
If including paneer, then simply add them in direction of the tip, as soon as the peas are cooked after which change off the warmth.
You may have this matar mushroom with rotis, parathas, naan or as a facet dish with dal tadka – rice or dal fry – rice combo.
Methods to make Matar Mushroom
1. Warmth 2 to three tablespoons of oil in a pan or kadai. You need to use any neutral-flavored oil.
Add finely chopped 1 medium-sized onion and saute the onions stirring typically until translucent.
2. Then add 1.5 teaspoon crushed ginger-garlic or ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a number of seconds or until the uncooked aroma disappears.
3. Add 3 medium-sized finely chopped tomatoes and 1 chopped inexperienced chili. Stir.
4. Then add the next spice powders:
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- (¼ or ½) teaspoon purple chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
5. Stir and saute until oil begins to go away the perimeters of the onion-tomato masala combination.
6. Add 200 grams of chopped mushrooms and (⅔ or ¾) cup of inexperienced peas.
7. Stir to combine. Saute for two to three minutes.
8. Then add 2 cups of water and salt as required. Cowl the pan with a lid and prepare dinner until the peas are softened.
Please examine level no 7-9 and notes part within the recipe card under for more information on the standard of peas and the quantity of water to be added.
9. As soon as carried out, sprinkle (¼ or ½) teaspoon garam masala powder.
10. stir and Serve matar mushroom ki sabji sizzling or heat with rotis, naan, parathas or chapatis.
Extra tasty Mushroom recipes
Please be sure you price the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under when you’ve got made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or observe me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Semi-dry curry of peas and mushrooms made in North Indian type.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 35 minutes
Whole Time 45 minutes
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Warmth oil in a pan or kadai. Add the finely chopped onions and saute until translucent.
Add crushed ginger-garlic or ginger-garlic paste. Saute until the uncooked aroma disappears.
Add the chopped tomatoes and inexperienced chilies.
Stir after which add the spice powders – turmeric, purple chilli, coriander powder.
Stir and saute until oil begins to go away the perimeters of the onion-tomato masala combination.
Add the chopped mushrooms and peas.
Stir and saute for two to three minutes. Then add water and salt. Add water as required. If utilizing tender or frozen peas, then scale back the water to 1 cup. If utilizing peas which aren’t tender or previous, then add 2 cups of water or as required.
In case there may be an excessive amount of water even after the peas or mushrooms are cooked, then scale back the water by simmering the matar mushroom curry with no lid for some extra minutes until you get the specified consistency.
In case the water turn into much less, then add some extra water. The consistency is a semi dry gravy or curry. So earlier than the gravy reaches this consistency, the peas and mushrooms must be cooked nicely. So add water or scale back the water from the matar mushroom gravy accordingly.
Cowl the pan with a lid and prepare dinner until the peas are softened.
As soon as carried out, sprinkle garam masala powder.
Stir and serve matar mushroom sizzling with rotis, naan or chapatis.
* On peas and water – if utilizing tender peas of frozen peas then you possibly can observe the strategy which I’ve talked about. Scale back the quantity of water as tender peas or frozen peas will get cooked rapidly. I’ve added 2 cups of water because the peas I added have been taking loads of time to prepare dinner. You too can pre prepare dinner or steam the peas earlier than hand after which add to the gravy, as soon as the mushrooms are carried out.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 168 Energy from Fats 90
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Vitamin A 1320IU26%
Vitamin C 35.6mg43%
* P.c Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
This Matar Mushroom publish from the weblog archives first revealed in June 2014 has been up to date and republished on December 2022.