Kheer is among the hottest desserts in India and with regards to decisions for breakfast, oats is among the most chosen and most popular ones. So, I considered bringing these 2 components collectively on this distinctive, but tremendous straightforward and easy recipe of Oats Kheer or Oats Payasam. This manner you need to use your oats in one other approach fairly than simply having it as a breakfast bowl. This can be a scrumptious kheer made with fast cooking oats, milk, ghee and sugar. Flavorings embody cardamom, saffron and a few dry fruits.
About Oats Kheer
This Oats Kheer simply qualifies as your dessert or a breakfast cum oatmeal. Mainly, in case you are bored of consuming oats the identical outdated approach, I might recommend to make use of it within the type of this superb kheer together with just some extra primary components.
I’ve additionally shared this candy recipe of Oats Kheer since I’ve been getting quite a lot of requests for recipes with oats. We will’t actually ignore the truth that oats are an vital a part of our diets nowadays. And typically, it’s at all times good to make use of it in getting ready dishes that often can’t be imagined with it.
This Oats Kheer is ultra-simple and fast. You may make this kheer actually in lower than 20 minutes. So, when you’re in a rush, this hassle-free recipe may be your go-to factor for a stunning dessert. A lot of the different components too are simply out there in our dwelling kitchens.
The ghee on this recipe provides it a wealthy taste and aroma. Whereas, the fast cooking oats usher in a pleasant texture and the nuts and dry fruits add a nutty mouth-feel. Nevertheless, including dry fruits and nuts is an optionally available step. Additionally, you may regulate the amount of sugar in response to your candy preferences.
Serve this Oats Kheer heat or chilled, for breakie or as a brilliant candy dish after your meals. Whichever approach you select to have it, it’s going to a tremendous dish in your palate.
Methods to make Oats Kheer
1. Chop the dry fruits, nuts and preserve all of the components prepared for making Oats Kheer.
2. Warmth 1 tablespoon ghee in a kadai or pan.
3. Add ½ cup fast cooking oats. You might additionally use rolled oats, however then you will want so as to add some extra milk and the cooking time will enhance.
4. Stir nicely and sauté for two to three minutes on low warmth.
5. Then, add 3 cups milk.
6. Subsequent, add ⅓ cup sugar. You’ll be able to add much less or extra sugar, as per your style preferences.
7. Combine very nicely.
8. Simmer the kheer combination on low to medium-low warmth for two to three minutes or until the oats soften and the sugar is dissolved.
9. Then, add 3 to 4 chopped almonds, 3 to 4 chopped, 6 to 7 chopped cashews, 1 tablespoon golden raisins, a pinch of saffron strands and ¼ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder.
10. Simmer for two minutes extra and swap off the warmth. Don’t prepare dinner the kheer an excessive amount of, or else it can grow to be too thick. When the kheer cools, it can thicken extra.
11. Serve Oats Kheer or Oats Payasam heat or chilly as a breakfast or candy dessert after meals.
- Dry fruits, nuts and saffron are optionally available on this recipe. You’ll be able to skip including these, for those who desire.
- If including dry fruits and nuts, you may add your most popular selection.
- The amount of sugar can be altered as per your necessities. It may be much less or extra.
- Keep away from cooking the Oats Kheer an excessive amount of, as by doing so, it can grow to be thick. Remember the fact that kheer will thicken as soon as it cools.
- When you’ve got leftover kheer, then you may refrigerate it and devour inside 1 to 2 days. Whereas serving, frivolously heat it. If the kheer has turned very thick, then you may add some milk after which reheat till heat.
Please be sure you price this recipe within the recipe card beneath you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Oats Kheer | Oats Payasam
Oats kheer is a scrumptious kheer made with fast cooking oats or rolled oats, milk, ghee and dry fruits. Flavorings on this Oats Payasam embody cardamom, saffron and a few dry fruits.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Chop all of the dry fruits and nuts and put aside. Hold all of the components prepared for the recipe.
Warmth 1 tablespoon of ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
Add fast cooking oats.
Stir nicely and saute for two to three minutes on low warmth.
Then add milk and sugar. Combine nicely.
Simmer the kheer for two to three minutes or extra on a low to medium-low warmth, until the oats soften and the entire sugar is dissolved.
Add chopped dry fruits, pinch of saffron strands and cardamom powder.
Simmer for two minutes extra and swap off the warmth.
Do not prepare dinner the kheer for an extended time as this can make up for a thick consistency. Remember the fact that when the oats kheer cools at room temperature then it can thicken extra.
Serve oats kheer heat or chilly as a breakfast or a candy dessert after meals.
- You might additionally add rolled oats however bear in mind so as to add some extra milk. The time taken to prepare dinner rolled oats might be greater than cooking on the spot oats or fast cooking oats. Cooking rolled oats on this recipe will take about 10 to 12 minutes or extra.
- Including dry fruits and saffron is optionally available. You’ll be able to skip dry fruits if you would like.
- You’ll be able to add dry fruits of your selection.
Oats Kheer | Oats Payasam
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 372 Energy from Fats 144
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 8g50%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Ldl cholesterol 42mg14%
Vitamin A 398IU8%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.2mg13%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.4mg24%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 0.2mg10%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 0.3mg0%
Vitamin D 3µg20%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 2µg2%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 6µg2%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.
This Oats Khee recipe submit from the archives, first revealed on October 2016 has been up to date and republished on October 2022.