Get 46 Pongal competition recipes curated specifically for you, which includes of lunch, sweets and snacks recipes. This record largely incorporates South Indian recipes which can be often made or will be made through the well-liked Pongal competition.
Pongal is a harvest competition celebrated within the state of Tamil Nadu from 14 January to 17 January. Pongal competition is devoted to the Solar God (Surya Bhagwan) and is likely one of the most vital competition for the individuals from Tamil Nadu.
On the identical date (14th January), the competition of Makar Sankranti can be celebrated throughout India in varied methods. Each these festivals are celebrated through the harvest time and likewise alerts the top of winters.
They’re celebrated by farmers as a day of thanksgiving to solar god for his or her ample crops. so it’s the time of pleasure in addition to gratitude. Individuals alternate sweets and have fun the competition with lot of pleasure and happiness.
About Pongal Competition Meals Assortment
This assortment has largely South Indian recipes which can be made throughout Pongal competition. Many of the recipes listed under are made with out onion and garlic.
Nevertheless, in case if any recipe has onion or garlic, then you may skip them when getting ready for the Pongal competition or for the deities.
This Pongal competition assortment has recipes that may be made for major course in addition to snack recipes and candy recipes.
Wishing a Joyful Pongal Competition to all our readers who have fun.
Pongal Competition Lunch
1. Ven Pongal – Common South Indian breakfast made with rice and yellow moong lentils.
2. Sweet Pongal – Candy porridge like dish made with rice and mung lentils, flavored with cardamoms and dry fruits. Candy Pongal is often known as sakkarai Pongal in tamil language is a candy dish made throughout festive events in south India.
3. Rava Pongal – Wholesome breakfast recipe of Pongal made with rava and moong dal. Rava Pongal will be served with Coconut chutney, Mango Pickle or Curd. Although you may as well have Pongal with Sambar.
4. Chakkara Pongal – A variation of candy Pongal that’s made with rock sugar or sugar sweet. Sugar sweet can be recognized “mishri” in hindi. You possibly can even use common sugar to make this Pongal.
5. Tamarind Rice – Common South Indian recipe of a tangy, bitter & spiced rice. The recipe dish is often known as puliyodharai in tamil language.
6. Curd Rice – A well-liked South Indian rice selection that’s served with a South Indian meal or South Indian thali.
7. Bisi Bele Bath – One of the vital well-liked conventional rice-lentil-vegetable dish from the Karnataka delicacies. bisi bele tub is so well-liked that you just get it so simply within the South Indian eating places in bangalore.
8. Lemon Rice – Crunchy, flavorful and bitter rice recipe from south India. this lemon rice dish is likely one of the best to make. Already cooked or steamed rice is combined with a spiced lemon and peanut combination.
9. Coconut Rice – Gentle and light-weight South Indian coconut rice often known as thengai sadam. tastes finest with freshly grated coconut. However you need to use frozen coconut too.
10. Arachuvitta Sambar – Tasty combine vegetable sambar made with roasted & floor sambar masala. Arachuvitta sambar is made in tambrahm properties. So a tamil brahmin specialty. This sambar recipe is with out onions and garlic. Additionally no sambar powder is added.
11. Idli – Idli is a conventional breakfast made in each South Indian family. It style yum when served with Coconut Chutney or Sambar. there are a lot of Varieties of Idli recipes made like Rava Idli or Poha Idli or Kanchipuram Idli or Kotte Kadubu.
12. Poricha Kuzhambu – A wholesome and scrumptious combine veggie primarily based lentil gravy made with coconut+spice paste. The lentils used are tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentils). Although even moong lentils can be utilized.
13. Tomato Rice – Spicy South Indian tomato rice. to cut back the spiciness, simply use much less quantities of ginger-garlic paste, black pepper and pink chili powder.
14. Ghee Rice – Fragrant one pot rice made with ghee and spices from the South Indian delicacies.
Sweets for Pongal Competition
1. Til ke Ladoo – Easy recipe of ladoo ready with sesame seeds, jaggery, peanuts and desiccated coconut. On this until ladoo recipe, I’ve cooked the jaggery syrup to a delicate ball stage. So this provides the ladoo a delicate and chewy texture. You can even cook dinner the jaggery syrup to exhausting ball stage and you’re going to get agency and dense ladoos.
2. Til Gud ke Ladoo – Scrumptious ladoo made with sesame seeds and jaggery. that is a kind of wholesome ladoo that not solely has sesame seeds, but additionally has peanuts and desiccated coconut. An easy recipe and inside half an hour the ladoo will likely be prepared.
3. Kadalai Paruppu Payasam – a scrumptious candy dessert made with coconut milk, chana dal and jaggery.
4. Bobbatlu Recipe – Bobbatu or puran poli is likely one of the sweets that’s made throughout festivals. In Telugu language, puran polis are often known as bobbatlu or bobbatu. In Kannada language, they’re referred to as Holige or obbattu.
5. Unniyappam – these are candy fritters made with rice, banana, a couple of spices and coconut. Unniyappam is a kind of particular sweets snacks from Kerala and are additionally served within the Onam sadya. unniyappam are additionally provided as prasad in some temples in Kerala.
6. Poornam Boorelu – this is likely one of the hottest candy snack from Andhra delicacies. These are deep fried snacks made with a stuffing of chana dal+jaggery and coated with rice+urad dal batter.
8. Maladu Recipe – Fast, simple and attractive variant of ladoo comprised of roasted gram or roasted chana dal.
9. Rava Kheer – A fast, simple and attractive kheer made with semolina or sooji. will get performed in about 20 minutes and is so easy that even a beginner could make it simply.
10. Aval Payasam – Scrumptious poha payasam made with flattened rice, ghee and milk.
12. Rava Ladoo – Straightforward, fast and attractive recipe of ladoos made with semolina and coconut. Will get performed in 20 minutes.
14. Mysore Pak – Tremendous scrumptious and a preferred candy from mysore. It’s made with simply three major components – besan, ghee and sugar. This soften within the mouth wealthy candy is so referred to as as its was invented within the kitchens of the mysore palace.
16. Badam Halwa – South Indian model scrumptious badam halwa recipe. the recipe offers a extremely good badam halwa, which has the suitable sweetness and a beautiful texture which isn’t delicate and agency. However type of between. One which supplies a heavenly feeling whenever you savor the halwa.
18. Peanut Ladoo – A two ingredient simple recipe of ladoo made with roasted peanuts and jaggery.
19. Coconut Ladoo – These are soften within the mouth coconut ladoo and I share two methods to make them.
20. Coconut Barfi – A straightforward step-by-step recipe of coconut barfi made with condensed milk.
21. Whole Wheat Appam – Fast, candy appams made with entire wheat flour, bananas and jaggery.
22. Puran Poli – Flat bread full of a candy lentil filling comprised of skinned spilt bengal gram/chana dal and jaggery.
1. Butter Murukku – Easy, simple recipe of butter murukku. Murruku is the South Indian variation of the chakli that’s made in maharashtra and Gujarat.
2. Dal Vada – Yum and a favourite South Indian snack made with chana dal or bengal gram. You possibly can serve chana dal vada with Coconut Chutney or Coriander Chutney or Mint Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.
3. Coconut Chutney – Fast to arrange coconut chutney recipe that goes extraordinarily effectively with idli, dosa, uttapam and medu vada. I share two tasty coconut recipes on this hyperlink.
4. Ribbon Pakoda – A scrumptious variation of murukku and is often known as ribbon murukku, ola pakoda and nada thenkuzhal. These crisp fried ribbon formed savory snack is simple to arrange and tastes good too.
5. Omapodi – A scrumptious and crispy South Indian snack of sev laced with the fragile aroma and taste of ajwain or carom seeds. In tamil language they’re referred to as as omam.
6. Kara Boondi – A spiced model of boondi and a combination consisting of boondi, peanuts, cashews, curry leaves and some spices.
8. Medu Vada – Crispy, delicate and fluffy donut formed fritters made with urad dal batter. These deep fried fritters are popularly often known as medu vadai or minapa garelu.
9. Chakli – Crispy and crunchy chakli recipe. Chakli is a deep fried snack comprised of rice flour, gram flour, wheat flour or a combination of lentil flours.
This Pongal Competition Recipes assortment from the archives first revealed in January 2018 has been republished and up to date on January 2022.