Received leftover rice from final night time? Don’t actually need to make one other wok-tossed fried rice with it? Need to flip it into a pleasant, yummy snack? This Rice Cutlet recipe is the reply to all these questions. These Leftover Rice Cutlets are crisp, delicious and makes use of essentially the most primary substances like potatoes, onions, different herbs and spices. This easy and straightforward recipe can also be vegan and gluten free. You actually can’t miss making an attempt it!
About Rice Cutlet
This Rice Cutlet recipe is a kind of many dishes that I make with cooked rice, and are completely a smashing delight for the palate. There’s really no likelihood of anybody not liking these cutlets. They’re so good!
Many a instances, when there may be leftover rice after lunch, I exploit it to make this Rice Cutlet and lots of extra pretty dishes. It’s best to make use of the cooked rice this fashion, which doesn’t quantity to wastage in any respect.
Among the best issues about these Leftover Rice Cutlets is that they’re actually easy to organize. You simply want some cooked rice, boiled potatoes and spices. Combine all the pieces up, form into cutlets or tikkis and shallow or pan fry them. Superior snack, prepared in a matter of minutes.
Any number of rice can be utilized on this recipe. However be sure that it’s cooked effectively and never al dente. So far as the spice meter is worried, you possibly can scale back or select to not add the inexperienced chilies. The amount of the remainder of the spice powders can be modified. This explicit recipe offers you 10 to 12 cutlets.
To extend the nutrient quotient of the Rice Cutlet, you too can add ¼ cup of grated greens like carrots and beetroots, together with some inexperienced peas. It is not going to solely flip these cutlets healthful, but in addition add a pop of coloration in them.
This Rice Cutlet makes for an awesome night snack for youths as effectively. You possibly can get pleasure from these with any inexperienced chutney like coriander, mint, tamarind chutney, tomato sauce, and so on. Use these cutlets to make delicious sandwiches too.
The right way to make Rice Cutlet
Make Cutlet Combination
1. To make these cutlets, you have to 1 cup tightly packed cooked rice. Take the rice in a mixing bowl.
2. Add ½ cup tightly packed mashed potatoes. Each the potatoes in addition to rice must be at room temperature.
Steam or boil 1 medium to giant potato until effectively cooked. For strain cooking, add 1 potato in a 2-liter stovetop strain cooker together with ¾ to 1 cup water. Strain cook dinner for two to three whistles or for five to six minutes on medium warmth.
Let the strain drop naturally within the cooker after which solely open the lid. Take away the potato with the assistance of pasta tongs and set it apart to chill on a plate or tray.
3. Now, add ⅓ cup chopped onion, 1 chopped inexperienced chili (about ½ to 1 teaspoon, chopped) and 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
4. Subsequent add the next spices:
- ¼ teaspoon pink chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
5. Then, add 3 tablespoons gram flour (besan) and salt as per style. You may as well use roasted gram flour or sattu, cornstarch or rice flour.
6. Combine all the pieces very effectively. When you find yourself mixing, the rice may even get mashed.
7. Form the combination into small to medium measurement cutlets/patties or tikkis.
Fry Rice Cutlet
8. Warmth 3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan or tawa/skillet. When the oil turns into medium sizzling, place the cutlets on the tawa.
9. When the bottom is flippantly browned, flip them with a spatula and fry the opposite aspect.
10. Flip once more and fry the cutlets until they’re crisp and golden. You’ll have to flip them a few instances for even cooking.
You possibly can fry them in 2 batches or unexpectedly, relying on the dimensions of the tawa or frying pan.
11. When properly crisp and golden, take away and place them on a kitchen paper towel for additional oil to be absorbed. This manner put together them in batches.
12. Serve Rice Cutlet sizzling with tomato ketchup, mint chutney or tamarind chutney. They make for a scrumptious night tea time or occasion snack.
If its raining, then I additionally serve a cup of sizzling ginger tea together with these cutlets. Fritters and cutlets throughout monsoon time are finest loved with a cup of sizzling tea.
Extra to do with leftover rice
I actually don’t consider in losing meals beneath any given regular circumstance. There are numerous methods by way of which we dissipate leftover meals. As in if there’ll be some cooked rice, curry or sabzi from yesterday, we’ve all the time had methods to make use of it up by making completely different dishes.
In fact, if the leftover meals is spoilt, we’ll clearly discard it as then it turns into deadly to the well being.
Speaking of leftover meals, the commonest one is the steamed rice. And in India there are a selection of dishes which have been created over years with simply leftover rice.
This checklist is endless. Ask a housewife, she’s eternally experimenting with cooked rice and developing with delectable dishes.
For all the opposite innumerable methods of utilizing leftover cooked rice, this Leftover Rice Recipes compilation goes that can assist you.
- Modify the style by adjusting inexperienced chilies and spices.
- Use any neutral-flavored oil for both shallow frying or pan frying the cutlets.
- Rather than the gram flour (besan), you possibly can even use rice flour, cornstarch or roasted black chickpea flour (sattu) and even breadcrumbs.
- Veggies like grated beetroot, grated carrot or inexperienced peas could be added within the recipe.
- This cutlet recipe is definitely scalable.
Please you’ll want to fee the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark beneath when you’ve got made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Rice Cutlet | Leftover Rice Cutlets
These are crisp and scrumptious Rice Cutlet made with left over cooked rice, mashed potatoes, herbs and spices. Makes for a straightforward and engaging snack or aspect.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Complete Time 25 minutes
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making rice cutlet combination
Take all of the substances in a mixing bowl, besides oil.
Combine very effectively. Verify the style and add extra of the bottom spice powders or salt if wanted.
Combine all the pieces very effectively. When you find yourself mixing, the rice may even get mashed.
Form the combination into small to medium sized patties or tikkis.
Frying rice cutlet
Warmth 3 tablespoons oil in a frying pan or tawa (skillet). Maintain the warmth to medium low to medium sizzling.
When the oil turns into medium sizzling, place the rice cutlets on the tawa.
When the bottom is flippantly browned, flip them utilizing a spatula and fry the opposite aspect.
Flip once more and fry until they’re crisp and golden. You’ll have to flip them a few instances for even cooking.
When properly crisp and golden, take away them and place them on kitchen paper towel in order that any additional oil is absorbed if any.
Serve Rice Cutlet sizzling with coriander chutney or mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Spices and inexperienced chilies could be adjusted as per your style.
- Be sure the rice is effectively cooked and never al-dente.
- You possibly can even pan fry the cutlets with much less oil. You should use any neutral-flavored oil.
- As an alternative of besan, you too can use roasted black chickpea flour (sattu) or cornstarch or rice flour and even breadcrumbs.
- The recipe could be doubled or tripled.
- If you wish to embrace some veggies in these cutlets then you possibly can contemplate including ¼ cup of grated veggies like carrots or beetroot. Some boiled or steamed peas can be added.
Rice Cutlet | Leftover Rice Cutlets
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 81 Energy from Fats 36
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 0.5g3%
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.3g
Monounsaturated Fats 4g
Vitamin A 23IU0%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.05mg3%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.01mg1%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.3mg2%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Ok 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 13µg3%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.
This Rice Cutlet submit from the archives first printed on June 2016 has been republished and up to date on November 2022.