Veg Cheese Sandwich recipe with step-by-step images. It is a Bombay model scrumptious stuffed sandwich made with a filling of combine greens, topped with cheese and grilled or toasted. You can too take pleasure in these sandwiches with out grilling or toasting them. The recipe is well adaptable and customizable to made together with your most popular veggies and cheese.
About Veg Cheese Sandwich
I’ve been having these delicious sandwiches from the road facet sandwich stalls or carts in Mumbai, throughout my faculty and school years, as breakfast or brunch or takeaways. Even later when working, I might have these sandwiches for a fast brunch or lunch.
These sandwiches normally have greens like tomato, cucumber, onion, boiled potatoes and beets. Typically chances are you’ll discover capsicum too.
I’ve added most veggies in these sandwiches, besides boiled beetroots. I’ve added onions, tomatoes, boiled potatoes and capsicum. If you happen to love tacky sandwiches, it’s also possible to verify the basic Cheese Sandwich that’s made with none greens.
These sandwiches might be merely be assembled and eaten as is. Or you possibly can decide to toast or grill them. The toasting or grilling might be finished in a sandwich toaster or panini press or in a frying pan or skillet on the stovetop.
I’ve toasted the sandwich. However it’s also possible to grill them as some of us choose that manner. An electrical toaster or a handheld stovetop toaster works effectively to make these Veg Cheese Sandwich.
Sandwiches are straightforward and fast to make. And particularly good for morning hours when you’re working wanting time. You can too pack sandwiches for tiffin field or for a brief picnic.
Nonetheless actually talking one of the best style comes with White Bread. So there may be all the time a temptation to make use of white bread figuring out effectively that it isn’t wholesome and made with all-purpose flour.
However I select well being over style, a lot to the chagrin of the opposite relations. And so this sandwich can also be made with entire wheat bread.
The right way to make Veg Cheese Sandwich
1. First prep all the pieces earlier than you begin making ready the sandwiches. Put together the chutney.
Right here I made Mint Coriander Chutney which doesn’t take a lot time. Additionally, slice the veggies and grate the cheese.
The greens that you will want are:
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small to medium onion
- 1 boiled and peeled potato
- 1 small capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper)
- 1 small to medium peeled cucumber
Slice these veggies into skinny rounds and put aside. For a selfmade loaf, reduce it with a serrated knife to get even slices.
For the cheese, use mozzarella cheese or processed cheese or your most popular cheese that melts. The cheese that I’ve added is cheddar cheese.
Notice: If you’re working wanting time, you possibly can omit making the inexperienced chutney. However the inexperienced chutney does add a whole lot of taste to the sandwiches.
2. Slice the sides of the bread if you happen to choose. Unfold butter evenly on all of the slices. Make sure that the butter covers your complete of bread.
A beneficiant coating of butter doesn’t enable the bread to develop into soggy, while you apply the chutney.
You may use both salted butter or unsalted butter, no matter you’ve got available.
3. Unfold the mint-coriander chutney on all of the bread slices.
4. Place the onion, tomato, boiled & peeled potato and capsicum slices. Sprinkle some chaat masala or sandwich masala on them.
Additionally, sprinkle a pinch of black salt or pink salt or common salt evenly.
5. Now high with grated cheese.
6. Cowl the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and place in a preheated toaster or grill.
7. Toast for two to three minutes until the bread will get toasted effectively and golden. Toast the remaining sandwiches in the identical manner.
8. Unfold some butter on high of the recent sandwiches and serve Veg Cheese Sandwich sizzling or heat with the remaining chutney and tomato ketchup.
Please make sure you fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under when you have made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Veg Cheese Sandwich
Scrumptious and filling Vegetable Cheese Sandwich made with assorted combine veggies like tomato, cucumber, onion, bell peppers, boiled potatoes topped with grated cheddar and later grilled to perfection.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook dinner Time 10 minutes
Complete Time 40 minutes
For veg cheese sandwich
- 8 to 10 slices Entire Wheat Bread or white bread or brown bread
- 1 tomato – medium-sized, thinly sliced
- 1 onion – small to medium-sized, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber – small to medium-sized, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper) – small, thinly sliced
- 1 beetroot – thinly sliced, non-obligatory
- 1 potato – boiled, thinly sliced
- ½ to ⅔ cup cheddar cheese – grated or shredded, can add cheese as required
- Butter – softened, at room temperature, as wanted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chaat masala or sandwich masala to sprinkle on the veggies, add as required
- black salt as required, to sprinkle on the veggies
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Put together the chutney first. Mix all of the substances talked about below the listing ‘for chutney’ in a grinder or small blender.
Add little or no water. The chutney needs to be of thick or barely thick consistency.
Preserve the chutney apart.
Steam or boil the potatoes and beetroot. You’ll be able to prepare dinner these veggies in a strain cooker or on the spot pot including water as wanted.
As soon as cooled, peel them and slice them thinly. Put aside.
Rinse and peel the onions and cucumber. Slice them thinly into spherical slices.
- Rinse and take away the seeds from the capsicum. Slice it thinly. Additionally slice the tomatoes thinly. Preserve the sliced veggies apart. Grate the cheese and put aside.
Making veg cheese sandwich
- Slice the sides of the bread if you happen to choose. Unfold butter evenly on all of the slices. Make sure that the butter covers your complete of bread. A beneficiant coating of butter doesn’t enable the bread to develop into soggy, while you apply the chutney.
Unfold the mint-coriander chutney on all of the bread slices.
Place the onion, tomato, potato and capsicum slices. Sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala or sandwich masala evenly on them. Additionally sprinkle a pinch of black salt evenly.
Now high with grated cheese.
Cowl the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and place in a preheated toaster or grill.
- Toast for two to three minutes or until the bread will get toasted effectively and is cripsy and golden. Toast the remaining sandwiches in the identical manner.You may additionally merely make the sandwiches and luxuriate in them with out toasting or grilling.
Unfold some butter on high of the recent sandwiches and serve Veg Cheese Sandwich sizzling with the remaining chutney and tomato ketchup.
- To make spicy sandwiches, improve the variety of inexperienced chilies within the mint-coriander chutney.
- Add any number of melty cheese. You can too high the veggies with cheese slices.
- You’ll be able to omit including the chutney if you happen to choose, however the inexperienced chutney does add a whole lot of taste to those sandwiches.
- A number of variations could be so as to add some eggless mayonnaise or greek yogurt to the sandwich.
- The recipe might be scaled as much as make for small events.
Veg Cheese Sandwich
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 509 Energy from Fats 189
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 12g75%
Trans Fats 0.5g
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 5g
Ldl cholesterol 49mg16%
Vitamin A 3210IU64%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.5mg33%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.4mg24%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 5mg25%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 0.2µg3%
Vitamin C 90mg109%
Vitamin D 0.1µg1%
Vitamin E 2mg13%
Vitamin Okay 38µg36%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 143µg36%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.
This Veg Cheese Sandwich recipe from the archives first revealed in August 2014 has been up to date and republished on January 2023.