Vrat wale aloo recipe with step-by-step pictures. This Vrat ke aloo recipe are made throughout fasting/Vrat or throughout Navratri. Sans onion-garlic, the aloo or potato sabzi is straightforward and scrumptious and goes properly with fasting flatbreads like kuttu ka paratha or kuttu ki poori or rajgira paratha. A vegan dish.
And also you don’t have to make this potato curry recipe on any fasting event. You may make this sabzi and serve with pooris or chappatis any time. There are various variations of vrat ke aloo.
Sharing the way in which I make this Vrat wale aloo at house. The boiled potatoes are crumbled and added to sauteed tomatoes-spice combination. Simmered for some minutes after which served sizzling with a garnish of coriander leaves.
This dish is gentle and never closely spiced. Simply so as to add a little bit of spice and warmth, inexperienced chilies are used, which you’ll simply skip.
Normally the fasting recipes are simpler to make and don’t demand a lot preparation.
I served them with Singhare ke atta ki poori (pooris comprised of water chestnut flour) and Kala chana sundal (black chickpea sundal).
How you can make vrat wale aloo recipe:
1. First rinse 3 medium-sized potatoes very properly in contemporary water. Then add the potatoes with 3 cups water within the stovetop stress cooker.
2. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of sendha namak or rock salt.
3. Boil the potatoes within the stress cooker for 4 to five whistles or until the potatoes cook dinner and soften.
4. After they turn into heat, then peel the potatoes and maintain them apart.
5. Warmth 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. As a substitute of oil you need to use ghee additionally.
6. Crackle ½ teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds) first.
7. Now add 1 to 2 chopped inexperienced chilies. Should you choose then you possibly can skip including inexperienced chilies.
8. Saute for half a minute.
9. Add 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (3 medium-sized tomatoes). Stir and blend very properly. Start to saute them on low warmth.
10. Proceed to stir in between when cooking the tomatoes a few instances. Saute until the oil begins to go away the perimeters of the combination.
11. Now instantly crumble the three boiled potatoes within the tomato combination.
12. Stir and blend very properly.
13. Now add 2 cups of water.
14. Stir and blend once more.
15. Add sendha namak or rock salt as required.
16. Simmer on a low warmth until the gravy thickens a bit. Do stir sometimes. When the vrat wale aloo is completed then you will note some oil specks on the highest. You may thicken the gravy much less or extra as per your necessities.
17. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve vrat wale aloo sizzling or heat. The gravy will thicken extra because it cools down.
This recipe may be simply scaled to make a giant or small batch.
If you’re on the lookout for extra Fasting recipes then do test:
Please remember to fee the recipe within the recipe card or go away a remark under when you’ve got made it. For extra veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Vrat Wale Aloo | Vrat ke aloo
Vrat wale aloo is a fasting dish made with potatoes, tomatoes, spices and herbs.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 15 minutes
Complete Time 30 minutes
Stop your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Rinse the potatoes very properly in contemporary water. Then add the potatoes with 3 cups water within the stress cooker.
Sprinkle teaspoon of sendha namak.
Boil the three potatoes within the stress cooker for 4 to five whistles, until the potatoes cook dinner and soften.
Peel and maintain them apart.
making vrat wale aloo recipe:
Warmth 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
Crackle the 1/2 teaspoon of carom seeds first.
Now add the 1-2 chopped inexperienced chilies .
Saute for half a minute.
Add a cup of chopped tomatoes and saute.
Stir and saute until the oil begins to go away the perimeters of the combination.
The tomatoes would have cooked by now and turn into comfortable.
Proceed to stir in between when cooking the tomatoes a few instances.
Straight crumble the three boiled potatoes within the tomato gravy. Stir and blend properly.
Add 2 cups of water, stir properly. Sprinkle sendha namak as required.
Simmer until the gravy thickens a bit.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve vrat wale aloo sizzling. The gravy will thicken because it cools down.
These vrat wale aloo goes properly with puri or rotis comprised of kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) or singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour).
- This recipe may be simply doubled or tripled.
Vrat Wale Aloo | Vrat ke aloo
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 354 Energy from Fats 135
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2g13%
Vitamin A 1535IU31%
Vitamin C 64.4mg78%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
This Vrat wale aloo publish from the archives first printed on August 2013 has been up to date and republished on December 2022.