- Radiation & Nuclear Security: Russia’s nuclear arsenal has fuelled worries amid the struggle however the worst fears have revolved across the destiny of Europe’s largest nuclear energy plant at
Zaporizhzhiain southern Ukraine. The plant, now underneath Russian management and in shutdown mode for months, sits uneasy in a zone the place it has steadily confronted heavy shelling. Zelenskyy is searching for demilitarisation and ensures in opposition to assaults on Zaporizhzhia and different Ukrainian nuclear vegetation.
- Meals Safety: A world meals disaster triggered by the struggle led to an “unprecedented settlement”, brokered in July by the UN and Turkiye, to permit Ukraine to export its agricultural merchandise from Black Sea ports by way of a protected hall. However the Black Sea Grain Initiative, which additionally permits Russian meals and fertilisers to succeed in international markets, is an ad-hoc measure that requires renewal each 120 days. Therefore, Ukraine is searching for a long-lasting answer to allow it to securely ship agricultural consignments with out the necessity for periodic offers with Moscow.
- Power Safety: Russia has destroyed at the least 40% of Ukraine’s vitality services because the struggle started and has stepped up assaults in opposition to such targets with the onset of winter. As Ukraine appears to be like to deal with extra emergency blackouts amid the biting chilly, Zelenskyy needs an assurance that Russia is not going to hamperor additional damage his nation’s means to offer vitality to the individuals.
- Launch Of All Prisoners of Conflict, Deported Individuals: As much as 1. 6-million Ukrainians are alleged to have been forcibly deported to Russia because the invasion started in February, with Moscow accused of partaking in “the forcible switch or deportation of protected individuals from occupied territory to the territory of the occupier”. Zelenskyy has known as for the “return of all prisoners of struggle and deportees” held by Russia however specialists say that whereas PoW swaps have been occurring, bringing again deportees may show more durable.
- Implementation Of UN Constitution, Restoration Of Territorial Integrity, World Order: However their variations, Ukraine sees Russia’s invasion as a violation of the UN Constitution because it quantities to “annexation of a state’s territory by one other state ensuing from the menace or use of drive”. Zelenskyy has sought that territory annexed by Russia needs to be restored to Kyiv’s management. Consultants say that features territory – like Crimea – annexed previous to the February invasion by Moscow.
- Withdrawal Of Russian Troops, Finish Of Hostilities: Forward of the invasion, Moscow was stated to have deployed greater than 1. 5 lakh fighters to the Ukraine entrance. Additional, Putin is reported to have ordered a rise in Russian troop measurement amid the struggle. Zelenskyy has sought a whole withdrawal of all Russian fighters from Ukrainian territory and an finish to hostilities in order to keep away from any uneasy ceasefire that doesn’t mandate a withdrawal of forces.
- Justice, Conflict Tribunals And Reparations: Ukrainian officers stated in September they’d documented 34,000 potential struggle crimes dedicated by Russian forces and claimed that mass burial websites had been discovered throughout territory wrested from Russian management. Additionally, Ukraine’s justice ministry stated they’re recording the injury attributable to Russia with the goal of acquiring reparations. However any compensation mechanism and struggle crimes tribunal would require the worldwide communityto put concerted stress on Moscow and it might show difficult for Kyiv to attain its objectives on this regard.
- Countering Ecocide: Together with ecological affect as a key issue is presumably with out precedent in peace talks however Zelenskyy has sought to spotlight the loss to the setting because of the struggle. Stories say that the combating has led to forests being laid waste by shelling and toxins seeping into the soil from bomb craters. However specialists level out that it “is impractical to anticipate any significant agreements” round this facet.
- Safety Ensures: Stopping Nato from making inroads into Ukraine and maintaining Kyiv from cosying as much as the European Union had been the important thing components behind Russia’s ‘particular operation’ in opposition to the nation. However with the struggle making it troublesome for Ukraine to embrace such protecting alliances, Zelenskyy is searching for ensures that may guarantee it doesn’t should dwell in fixed worry of additional Russian aggression.
- Affirmation Of Conflict’s Finish: This step could be the icing on the peace settlement and would come as and when the 2 sides efficiently resolve all their excellent points. Even so, this “ultimate, formal step”, shall be essential to guarantee the world that the struggle is admittedly over.
Supply: Media studies,
parleypolicy. com Textual content: Kenneth Mohanty