Simply 3 substances, and voila! You’ve obtained a scintillating and decadently attractive Atta Halwa. As apparent from the title, the principle ingredient on this North Indian fashion Atta Halwa Recipe is entire wheat flour (atta). Together with this, different substances are beneficiant portions of ghee and sugar to sweeten the dessert. Which additionally makes this Wheat Halwa actually, actually melt-in-mouth and style oh-so-good! This recipe is simple too. So, whether or not an important day, a festive celebration or simply one other day, this halwa is apt so as to add some sweetness to your day.
About Wheat Halwa
The Atta Halwa can also be a recipe that actually will get rapidly, inside quarter-hour flat. While you’re roasting the entire wheat flour, the sugar syrup will get performed and involves a rolling boil.
Later, you simply add it to the golden atta with a nutty perfume and maintain stirring it until the halwa will get to a semi-thick or thick consistency. The feel of this Wheat Flour Halwa is rather like the Suji Ka Halwa.
There’s one other well-liked variation of the Wheat Halwa, known as the Kada Prashad which is served in gurudwaras, not simply in Punjab, however everywhere in the world for its divine style. This Atta Halwa Recipe leads to a easy, gentle and moist textured halwa, which is similar case with the kada prashad as effectively.
Nonetheless, it’s possible you’ll add some dry fruits and nuts of your alternative within the Atte Ka Halwa, which will not be the case with kara prashad.
There aren’t any flavorings added within the Atta Halwa Recipe, which will get you the very best nutty taste of the entire wheat flour solely. Nonetheless, you may add some rava or suji on this Wheat Halwa to present it some texture, as it’s simply easy with solely the atta in it.
This halwa will be served as a candy dish after your meals. Or you may take pleasure in it with Poori, as halwa-poori is an excellent mixture in North India. Folks there additionally relish the suji halwa with these fried puffed breads and a sukha kala chana preparation as effectively.
The Atte Ka Halwa is finest had scorching or heat. So, if you’re refrigerating the leftover halwa, then ensure that to heat it earlier than serving.
Easy methods to make Wheat Halwa
1. Firstly measure and maintain all of the substances prepared for making Atte Ka Halwa.
2. In a kadai or pan, add 2 cups water.
3. Subsequent, add 1 cup of sugar. I’ve used natural unrefined sugar. Therefore, the colour is barely golden. You should use common white sugar or uncooked sugar. You may even use jaggery powder.
4. Warmth the water and sugar. We simply must make a sugar resolution.
5. Let the answer come to a boil. We have now so as to add this scorching boiling sugar resolution to the flour combination as soon as it’s roasted effectively.
However make it possible for there aren’t any thread consistencies shaped within the sugar resolution. The sugar resolution simply wants to return to a boil.
6. In the meantime, in one other heavy kadai or pan, add ½ cup semi-solid ghee. Bear in mind to make use of thick backside kadai in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt.
Maintain each the pan on 2 burners concurrently. So that when the flour is roasted, the sugar resolution can also be scorching.
7. When the ghee turns into scorching, then add 1 tablespoon of cashews. As a substitute of cashews, you may also add almonds to the halwa at this stage.
8. Fry the cashews until golden. Take away the fried cashews and maintain them apart.
Roasting entire wheat flour
9. In the identical kadai or pan, add 1 cup entire wheat flour (atta).
10. Stir and blend very effectively.
11. Roast the entire wheat flour, stirring constantly, on a low to medium-low warmth until the colour of the flour adjustments.
12. You’ll quickly get the aroma of roasted entire wheat flour. Carry on stirring to make sure even browning.
13. When the atta has turned golden, it can give an excellent nutty perfume and start to launch ghee.
You will note the combination turning into molten and flowing with ghee releasing from the edges as proven within the under photograph.
14. Then, add the effervescent scorching sugar resolution to the atta combination gently. Watch out because the combination has the tendency to splutter.
15. Proceed to stir and blend very effectively. You can’t take a break at this step. So stir constantly. Lots of handwork is required at this stage.
16. Carry on stirring continuous in order that lumps are usually not shaped.
17. Subsequent, add the fried cashews. If you wish to add chopped pistachios, then you need to add them at this stage. No must fry the pistachios earlier than including them.
18. Maintain stirring constantly. The wheat halwa will take in water and proceed to thicken rapidly.
19. When the halwa consistency is semi thick or thick like a Suji ka Halwa and the ghee can also be launched from the edges, swap off the warmth.
The photograph under reveals the right texture and consistency of the wheat halwa. It ought to look shiny and glossy.
20. Serve Wheat Halwa scorching or heat as a after meal candy or dessert. You can even take pleasure in wheat halwa with poori.
For extra scrumptious halwa varieties, you may test this assortment of Halwa Recipes.
Professional Suggestions for Atta Halwa
- Roasting entire wheat flour: It’s best to make use of a thick backside kadai or pan, in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt in it and is roasted evenly. Whereas roasting the atta, ensure that to try this on low to medium-low warmth. If you happen to roast the atta on excessive warmth, the halwa will find yourself tasting burnt. Maintain stirring the atta constantly whereas roasting, for even browning.
- Sweetener: Each common or natural sugar can be utilized on this halwa. Even jaggery powder works effectively in it.
- Sugar resolution: You don’t need to cook dinner the sugar resolution to any thread consistency. It simply wants to return to a boil. Additionally, ensure that so as to add a effervescent scorching sugar resolution to the roasted atta combination.
- Nuts and dry fruits: As a substitute of cashews, you may also fry almonds and add them within the halwa. If you wish to add pistachios, then no must fry them. Simply add when the fried cashews are added. If you happen to really feel like including raisins too within the halwa, add on the very finish, when the halwa is nearly performed.
- Consistency: Swap off the warmth when the halwa reaches a semi-thick, thick or a suji halwa-like consistency and ghee is also launched from the edges.
- Maintain each the pan on 2 burners concurrently. So that when the flour is roasted, the sugar resolution can also be scorching.
- Be certain to stay to those proportions of ghee to atta. Or else, your halwa will transform fairly dry and will not style good.
Recipe smart, there’s really no distinction aside from the truth that the Kada Prashad is often plain, with none nuts or dry fruits in it. Ingredient smart Kada Prashad has extra ghee than the atta halwa.
One other factor that distinguishes the 2 is the truth that since Kada Prashad is a prasad served in gurudwaras, it’s made with lots of devotion. Thus, routinely has a divine style.
In fact, you may. You may add about 1 cup of grated/chopped jaggery or jaggery powder rather than the sugar. In reality, to beat the chilly winters in North India, this halwa is made with jaggery lots of occasions.
You may add cashews, almonds, pistachios and even raisins on this halwa.
Lots of people do make this halwa with butter. However personally, what I’d recommend, is to make use of ghee solely on this recipe, to maintain the authenticity intact.
Utilizing ghee does make this halwa loads richer. However you may all the time train extra to burn these further energy, slightly than compromising on the flavors and originality of the dish.
Please make sure to charge the recipe within the recipe card or depart a remark under you probably have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Wheat Halwa | Atta Halwa
Wheat flour halwa or atta halwa is a easy candy pudding made with entire wheat flour, ghee sugar and water.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 10 minutes
Whole Time 15 minutes
Forestall your display screen from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Warmth the ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai or pan.
Add entire wheat flour to the new ghee and begin roasting it.
In the meantime, take sugar and water in one other pan.
Maintain this pan on a medium to excessive flame and let the answer come to a boil.
Fry the atta stirring constantly until its shade adjustments and also you get the aroma of roasted entire wheat flour.
Carry on stirring the flour to make sure even browning.
In the intervening time maintain your eyes additionally on the sugar resolution.
If the combination begins to boil, then decrease the flame and let it simmer.
The atta or entire wheat flour ought to flip golden and provides an excellent perfume. Plus additionally begins to launch ghee.
Improve the flame to excessive for the sugar resolution to bubble and when it begins to bubble in a matter of seconds, instantly add it to the new atta combination.
Watch out because the combination has the tendency to splutter.
Proceed to stir with all of your hand pressure, in order that no lumps are shaped.
Atte ka halwa will take in water and proceed to thicken rapidly.
Carry on stirring. In order that lumps are usually not shaped.
When wheat halwa is semi thick or thick like a sooji halwa, swap off the fireplace.
Serve atte ka halwa scorching or heat.
Few ideas for making atta ka halwa recipe:
- The sugar resolution must be scorching while you add it to the roasted atta combination.
- There aren’t any thread consistencies shaped within the sugar resolution. The sugar resolution simply wants to return to a boil.
- Use thick backside kadai in order that the atta doesn’t get burnt.
- You should use common sugar or natural sugar. You may even use jaggery powder.
- If you wish to add kishmish (raisins) then add on the very finish when the halwa is nearly performed.
- As a substitute of cashews you may also add almonds within the halwa. You’ll need to fry the almonds identical to we’ve got fried cashews.
- If you wish to add pista (pistachio), then add them the place you will have added fried cashews in halwa combination. No must fry pista, they are often added straight.
- Maintain each the pan on two burners concurrently. So that when the flour is roasted, the sugar resolution can also be scorching.
- Roast the atta on a low to medium-low flame.
Wheat Halwa | Atta Halwa
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 711 Energy from Fats 324
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 21g131%
Polyunsaturated Fats 1g
Monounsaturated Fats 9g
Ldl cholesterol 88mg29%
Vitamin A 1065IU21%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.
This Wheat Halwa Publish from the weblog archives, first printed in November 2013 has been republished and up to date on December 2022.